Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NCT Nearly New Sales..

(16 Posts)
Deemented Thu 17-Sep-09 07:14:13

Does anyone go to their local ones?

I went to one when expectng DD, and got lots of bargains, and have just noticed that my local NCT group is having their next sale the first weekend in October.

Is it really sad to be ridiculously excited about it??? blush

TheApprentice Thu 17-Sep-09 07:26:29

Deemented you need to volunteer at one. That way you get first dibs at all the bargains!!

Deemented Thu 17-Sep-09 07:29:09

But i'm not a member of the NCT - does that make a difference?

blondieminx Thu 17-Sep-09 10:06:51

In our area if you're a member you get to get in to the sale half an hour before the hordes - possibly worth the membership fee alone! smile

TheApprentice aha - will bear that top tip in mind in time for the next one, thanks!

ElectricElephant Thu 17-Sep-09 10:18:07

Our ones let you queue jump if you're pregnant as well, worth a shot

charleymouse Thu 17-Sep-09 10:21:17

Dee you didn't used to have to be a member at mine to volunteer they were just glad of the extra pairs of hands. I think it started to be abused though so now it is only members and previous helpers that volunteer. Try asking and see what they say.

If you join it is a donation to charity and at my local ones you get in NNS 15-30 mins early so can have a good mosey around before the bun fight starts. If not get there early to be first in line and have an idea of what you are after and head straight for those items.

MrsBadger Thu 17-Sep-09 10:26:38

I go to all of ours - even if I don't buy anything the cake in the tea zone afterwrads is very good value
and if you sit there long enough just abotu everyone local you have ever met with a baby will come in so it is a good place to catch up

if at all possible do not take the children, they are utter bunfights. Pushchairs are a nightmare and slings hamper bending over to rummage in boxes on the floor.

TheApprentice Thu 17-Sep-09 12:16:35

Deemented you don't have to be a member in our group to volunteer (they always need helpers!). But we don't get tea or cake at ours MrsBadger - I'm jealous!!

deepdarkwood Thu 17-Sep-09 12:21:44

Second/third the suggestion that you help out - at ours, about 1/3 of the money is taken from the volunteers who help before the sale even starts.

Our sale is first weekend is Oct, and we're certainly welcoming helpers (members or not) with open arms smile

And, according to local gossip, the sales are esp good this year, with lots of folks clearing stuff out/making some extra credit crunch cash

TheApprentice Thu 17-Sep-09 12:25:12

Ours is the same weekend deepdarkwood - you're not in Scotland are you?!

deepdarkwood Thu 17-Sep-09 12:26:15

grin deepest surrey

sherby Thu 17-Sep-09 12:29:57

Ours is the worst kind of hell. Grown women actually arguing over a £3 toy hmm

People queue up for hours beforehand and you end up queuing for ages to pay for anything. I only ever go if I actually NEED something. MrsBadger is right though, do not take children, especially to Oct one, people will be buying toys for xmas and it will be worse than ever!

Bathsheba Thu 17-Sep-09 16:49:19

I help run our sales in Aberdeen.

All sales have different rules - we let ANYONE volunteer, but some branches only let members volunteer. Some branches let members in 30 mins before the general public, but others don't (we don't...)

You WILL get the best bargains if you can contac tthe people running the sale and see if you can volunteer - if they ARE one of the few branches to ONLY let members volunteer then they will happily let you know.

VanillaIce Thu 17-Sep-09 17:47:36

Anyone know when there will be one in the Canary Wharf area?

Biglips Thu 17-Sep-09 17:57:13

its fab deemented as i went to the 1st one a couple months ago and now i cant wait for the next one in October. grin (and im not a member but if u do join in then youre the first to get in before it opens to the public an hour later).

Biglips Thu 17-Sep-09 17:58:07

NCT nearly new sales website

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now