Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity belts - are they any good, and which one did you use?

(7 Posts)
blondieminx Wed 16-Sep-09 12:59:19

Popped to the GP re my back pain and she's recommended an antenatal exercise class and getting a maternity belt.

Have any of you used a maternity belt, did it help, and which one did you choose?

Thanks! smile

blondieminx Thu 17-Sep-09 10:03:29

bump - be grateful to hear from others on this.

alana39 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:13:42

Hi Blondie I nearly bought one from JojoMaman... the other day but wasn't sure if it would be any good. Bumping as I'd like to hear any recommendations too especially if they relieve that very heavy under the bump feeling.

TruthSweet Thu 17-Sep-09 14:30:32

I liked the support band from carriwell which is supportive for an achy bump but for good back/sacro-illial/pelvic support I'd get a wide stretchy belt (I've tried the narrow Emma-Jane style belts and they are agony!). The site where I got my belt from no longer stock them but I'm sure you could get one from another physio supplier (or ask your physio for a recommendation)

blondieminx Thu 17-Sep-09 14:54:19

Thanks TruthSweet The GP said she would have liked to refer me for phsio but that teh obstetric phyio had left and not been replaced sad ....so would be v grateful for recommendations from anyone who's used the belts for back support - thanks all!

PrammyMammy Thu 17-Sep-09 15:32:57

I got mines from the physio. It worked great and really helped me manage my spd. It is a big white thing, supports up the back, the hips and lifts your bump up.

alana39 Thu 17-Sep-09 18:18:06

www.carriwell.com/asp/seamless/maternity_support_band.asp for carriwell information, they sell them on amazon - it does say it's for back as well as bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now