Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm at least 6 days overdue with DC3 and have absolutely NO signs of anything happening....

(48 Posts)
SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 10:28:32

I might even be 10 days overdue (according to scan).

Ugh. I don't have any exciting mucous plugs or false labour to obsess over. I just feel normal.

Any stories of overdue labour suddenly happening with no prior hints? Pleeeease??

Scorps Wed 16-Sep-09 10:30:30

I waas 7 days over with dc3, felt normal, fine, good.

Then at 430pm my back started aching. 720pm = a baby grin

Although that morning i held a newborn and i do wonder if that helped hmm

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 10:32:14

Thank you Scorps!

<<rushes out to snuzzle random newborns>>

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 11:03:10

ANy more stories to give me hope? <<pleading>>

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:07:43

no I'm in a similar position
Although my friend likes reminding me that I texted her at about 11am to see how she was getting on, she was fed up of waiting, no signs, then by about 9pm she had given birth.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 11:09:49

I also have had no contractions, plug, anything. Have been drinking RLT since about 37 weeks obsessively (had to buy another box last weekend and will probably have to so the same this weekend!) eaten a whole pineapple, have half an hour of nipple stimulation morning and night (still bf) and seduced DH last night. Fail to see what else I can try.
DH has a 'voice' he uses on DS which DS obeys (I'm still working on it). I asked him to talk to the baby using the voice this morning, and he said no - I was only semi joking

meltedmarsbars Wed 16-Sep-09 11:10:44

My first was 7 days overdue.

Second was 10 days overdue then came out in less than 2 hours.

third child was 15 days late, but came at threat of induction after LONG LONG walks to make her start - and I mean I walked till my foot blisters were worse than the labour pains!

Get your shoes on and get moving!

sugarplumfairy Wed 16-Sep-09 11:19:36

My first was 5 days overdue, second was 8 days over and my third was 12 days over, I went in to labour in the middle of the night hours before I was due to be induced.
Tried all the ways to bring labour on but not sure if any worked. Your body has done it twice before, it knows what it's doing but it is frustrating to wait!

pleasechange Wed 16-Sep-09 11:34:42

If it's any consolation, I was 8 days late and didn't feel any any sign of anything until day 8. In fact I didn't even have the waters breaking moment, I went straight to contractions every 5 minutes when I woke up one morning

serenity Wed 16-Sep-09 11:41:35

Another one with no warning signs. I didn't even get Braxton Hicks as far as I know. DCs were all overdue, and with DS1 and DD I just woke up in the early hours with contractions (DS2 was induced)

It'll happen smile Last couple of weeks seem to last forever though.

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 12:02:47

Haha Stealth grin I've been getting the DCs to wheedle with the baby to come out....it works on me!

These stories are v encouraging, but AAAGH! at the thought of going 15 days overdue shock

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 12:09:03

oh yes if DS could just whine in the same way he does for ice cream the baby would have no choice

memorylapse Wed 16-Sep-09 12:45:52

I was a week overdue with dd1(18 years ago) and had no signs, no braxton hicks, no plug,nothing, then I got up on day 8 absoloutely fed up and my landlady (I was 18 at the time and living in digs but landlady was more of a mum to me) said..why dont you go and lie in the garden..maybe the baby will see the sun on your tummy and decide to be born !!!(it was June)..flopped in the garden like a beached whale and went into labour that night!

PlumBumMum Wed 16-Sep-09 12:50:48

Spawnchorus another one here overdue with dc3 had a sweep on duedate, nothing then on day 5 still had nothing,
woke up at 2.30 with a twinge, had dd2 at 6.20 and was lucky I made it to the hospital on time,
so fingers crossed for you

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 13:16:58

ML - I'm lookig out of the window and it's not looking promising. I suppose I could always talk loudly about the weather and lie hehehe.

I have been developing a strategy this morning.

The plan is to eat as much as possible, thus forcing the nipper out through sheer weight from above. I have made an excellent start on phase 1 of the tests (aka lunch):

An obscene amount of hot white bread (straight out of the breadmaker) with butter and marmite.

Cheese

Caramel digestive

Several cups of tea

Two large drop scones with bramble jam

No positive signs yet, so I shall up the ante with more tea and biscuits and scones over the course of the afternoon.

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 13:18:44

SC, I've tried that I'm afraid, just ended up with protesting kicks and worse than ever indigestion!

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 13:29:29

<<sticks fingers in ears>>

La la la la la!

spats Wed 16-Sep-09 14:07:43

I am 1 day overdue with DS#3 Have had peiord pains on and off since fries, some days none though. Its just a waiting game and everyone comes and says "still here then?" err yes obviously!!

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 16:33:39

OMG I've just found a long very fine hair on my tummy shock

My bump is so old it's getting whiskery.

<<despairs>>

StealthPolarBear Wed 16-Sep-09 17:01:05

oh that's a sure sign of impending labour...bound to be

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 19:24:00

Well I've pulled it out now in the hope that it might trigger something like the emergency cord on the train.

<<waits expectantly>>

Any signs (hairy or otherwise) with you Stealth?

I can't imagine you're very stealthy at the moment.

Scorps Wed 16-Sep-09 19:25:03

Go and have sex grin

SpawnChorus Wed 16-Sep-09 20:10:39

Oh must I?

EasyEggs Wed 16-Sep-09 20:35:27

scrub, tidy and rearrange until you drop, literaly grin

I was 1 day late and did the above basically as I was having HB and wanted the mw's to think I was the perfect housewife, lord knows why! Anyhow finished at about 6pm, sat down to come on here, left here around 9.30pm mentioning I seemed to be having "an awful lot of BH" and had ds3 at 1.20am the next morning grin

Just5minspeace Wed 16-Sep-09 20:52:13

Poor you! Dreading going over with no.3, was 2 weeks late with both previous babies. Only 1 week to go officially but am bouncing on ball, over doing cleaning, lifting etc and hoping that when I decide I can't face it happening it will... HUGE spider just ran across room and husband out so bound to happen NOW!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now