Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Were you bigger all over carrying a girl and 'neater' carrying a boy?

(17 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins Tue 15-Sep-09 21:08:49

Anyone care to share?

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 15-Sep-09 21:11:11

I neater with my daughter than I was with my son.

macherie Tue 15-Sep-09 21:12:01

Yes!

pinkmagic1 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:12:28

Much bigger with my son.

daisyj Tue 15-Sep-09 21:12:33

I had a huge bump up front, but put on no other weight - could hardly tell from the back that I was pg, apart from my waddle. I was convinced it was a boy, as was everyone who saw me... Imagine our surprise when out popped a girl grin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 15-Sep-09 21:13:23

Nope, got fat with DD, got fatter with DS (now working hard to lose a LOT of fat!).

Actually, having said that, carried DD pretty high and DS a lot lower and more out front, if thats what you mean.

sillysalley Tue 15-Sep-09 21:13:27

I was so not neat when carrying DS. blush

lal123 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:13:49

big all over with first dd, much neater (but bigger out front) if that makes sense withdd2

CrystalQueen Tue 15-Sep-09 21:17:28

Nope, everyone kept telling me how neat my bump was (kind of annoying when I felt like a whale) and then DD was born.

GreenMonkies Tue 15-Sep-09 21:20:09

I was small and neat when carrying DD1, gained very little weight.

I was the size of a house second time around, grew a huge arse, thunder thighs and a big wobbley belly, not sure what DD2 did to make that happen? grin

Does that blow the theory out of the water?

Fleecy Tue 15-Sep-09 21:21:19

Big with both DD and DS - carried them the same. SO much so that I was convinced DS was a girl as the pregnancy/bump/weight distribution wasn't any different. He was a real surprise!

tryingtobemarypoppins Tue 15-Sep-09 21:33:28

Oh god it must be the ammount I'm eating!!!!

I have been sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick this time, in and out of hospital, now its easing I can't stop eating!!

I had no sickess with my DS and was neat, I now look like a green whale!

MumNWLondon Tue 15-Sep-09 21:37:36

With DD had nausea 7-14 weeks had to eat constantly to keep it at bay so put on a stone in trimester 1. With DS no nausea didn't put on any weight trimester 1 so was thinner / neater because of that.

Now this time have nausea am 8.5 weeks am putting on weight, hoping this means its a girl!

blinder Tue 15-Sep-09 22:32:48

neater by far with DD

weegiemum Tue 15-Sep-09 22:34:13

No difference whatsoever!

I was huge with all 3 of them (2 girls and a boy)

Everyone said with dd1 (1st baby) that she was a boy cos I wasn't "neat"

Or maybe thats cos she was 9lb12oz?

Claire2009 Tue 15-Sep-09 22:35:43

HUGE with DD, carried everywhere. Didn't get a bump till I was 5mths. Then went enormous!
Neat with DS. Bump at 3-4mths, everyone thought I was having twins.

BeckyBendyLegs Wed 16-Sep-09 08:20:19

My first two were very neat, up-front, bowling ball bellies and both came out boys. This one is the same so convinced it is a third boy but who knows! Perhaps some people just carry pregnancies like this: stick legs and arms and big round tummies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now