Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Skin tags and thrush

(6 Posts)
degroote78 Tue 15-Sep-09 17:16:34

Not the nicest of threads but I have a skin tag on my vagina at the top and one by my bottom. Is this normal? Do they go away? I have also had re-occuring thrush (am 32 weeks) for the last few months which I have treated twice with a pessery but think it may have come back. Does anyone know if any other treatment rather than canesten is more likely to work (I know you can't take the oral pill).

degroote78 Wed 16-Sep-09 10:32:14

Anyone? Am I the only one suffering these symptoms? Am worried now!

LauraKB Wed 16-Sep-09 10:35:22

No idea re thrush, but I have a skin tag on my bottom too, which sometimes bleeds like mad and gives me quite a fright, sorry if TMI. Ah the glamour!

I always heard natural yoghurt is very good for thrush but never tried it.

LucyK1978 Fri 18-Sep-09 11:38:26

I had a skin tag towards my bikini line, but I couldn't reach it enough to do anything because my bump was so huge! I read that you're not supposed to cut / pull it or let it bleed, but to cut off the blood supply and let it become dead skin. So, after DD was born I pulled a hair from my head, wrapped it around the base of the skin tag (where it met my leg) and lo-and-behold, a few days later it turned black and fell off and never came back. Sounds a bit wierd when written but did the trick!

stinkypinky Sat 19-Sep-09 09:12:22

I developed a skin tag on my labia when pregnant last time - am pregnant again, and it is growing again - size of a small grape now shock.
All to do with hormones... nothing sinister. Should shrink once you deliver.
If it bothers you, your GP can arrange to have it lopped off. I quite like mine - I call it my 'Asha Tag' - a momento of the pregnancy. Not so keen on it when it gets caught in my thong though!!!
Really best not to do a DIY job - LucyK was very lucky she did not have trouble with hers.
Re Thrush - best ask GP or Pharmacy IMO.

LucyK1978 Sat 19-Sep-09 09:17:01

Mine wasn't as big as a grain of rice so perhaps why it fell off so easily. But you're right to speak to your GP (although I live abroad and didn't fancy trying to explain in basic german!), and wouldn't have tackled a DIY job on one the size of a small grape...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now