Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hiccups - How Often Does Your Baby Get Them?

(7 Posts)
LauraKB Tue 15-Sep-09 09:02:50

Hi All

I am 30 weeks and 5 days and have noticed that baby has had hiccups twice yesterday and once already today. Before this I haven't really felt them at all, although have maybe had one or 2 boughts very intermittently.

I have been doing more googling than is good for me (you would think I would learn grin)and have read increased hiccuping can be a sign of cord issues.

Is it normal to start to feel more hiccups at this stage? How often is too often do you think?

How often do/did you get hiccups?

Thanks in advance

L, x.

MamiBabi Tue 15-Sep-09 09:19:46

I'm 36+2 and I notice that the bump has hiccups at least once a day. I wouldn't be worried - maybe do less googling!

glasgowlass Tue 15-Sep-09 09:22:37

My DS(now 10 months) had hiccups every night from around 30 weeks, always same time, around 10pm. No cord problems here, step away from google!

ShowOfHands Tue 15-Sep-09 09:25:55

At least once a day with dd, usually more. She was and is absolutely fine. Although, aged 2 she still gets hiccups an awful lot.

Theteathings Tue 15-Sep-09 09:45:08

every evening with this one. Also I get a twitchy leg at night that sets her off hmm.

maybebaby23 Tue 15-Sep-09 11:19:36

Oh my gosh im glad i didn't google in my last pregnancy then because DD1 had hiccups twice a day every single day!! My bump was ALWAYS twitching lol, i have never heard about cord issues causing it?? Im 25 weeks with DD2 and i haven't felt hiccups yet..

trellism Tue 15-Sep-09 12:10:57

At least once a day at the moment (34+). I thought hiccups were good: they prepare the lungs for breathing.

At my last scan (24wks) the cord looked fine (at least, I wasn't told of any problems) and the sprog was hiccupping away then too.

You might be feeling an increase just because the baby is bigger now, or has moved:
I don't feel as many when the sprog is transverse. They seem to resonate on my hip bone when she's head downwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now