Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! DH is chasing me round the house with one of these

(18 Posts)
trellism Mon 14-Sep-09 21:49:00

www.epi-no.co.uk/howitworks.asp

I am NOT KEEN, although he seems to be. Should I lock myself in the bathroom till he gives up?

comewhinewithme Mon 14-Sep-09 21:50:13

Tell him to shove it up his arse ..seriously though I wouldn't try it it looks scary .

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Mon 14-Sep-09 21:51:37

shock

Well, I suppose at least he's involved with the pregnancy hmm

GoneCuckoo Mon 14-Sep-09 21:51:52

The romance.....

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 14-Sep-09 21:52:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Mon 14-Sep-09 21:53:44

that's the dodgiest thing i ever saw! why on earth would anyone want to use that????

HAHAHAHAH this made me giggle. I was once asked if I was "stretching" in preperation of the birth of my DD... I think I had the stunned rabbit face for about 2 days after... my MW asked infront of then DP and his mother... shock .

I wouldnt fancy one of those

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 14-Sep-09 21:55:46

Sod that for a game of fairies... hmm

trellism Mon 14-Sep-09 21:58:46

He wants to be involved, it's just that I don't think that, um, devices are the way to go.

He's now upset because I ran away. I will have to explain when he calms down that I appreciate his involvement, but am unconvinced of the benefits of this particular gizmo.

trellism Mon 14-Sep-09 22:00:46

Dear god, he paid £90 for it. No wonder he's cross.

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Mon 14-Sep-09 22:01:30

I'm guessing the preloved market for them isn't brilliant...

thisisyesterday Mon 14-Sep-09 22:01:58

well, women have been giving birth for centuries without having to shove balloons up their fannies.

there's being involved and there's subjecting your pregnant wife to some sort of torture. this is the latter!!!!

Ilovebeingamummy Mon 14-Sep-09 22:02:22

I am extremely unconvinced too! Try and stay upright to labour and especially to birth (in water too if poss)...much more likely to help you have a straightforward birth than that thing!! HTH

sherby Mon 14-Sep-09 22:03:30

fuck that

all the fun of stretching for labour without the baby at the end

oneopinionatedmother Mon 14-Sep-09 22:08:07

hmm..i thought shoving things up there increased the transmission of bacteria anwya?

tell him to try it first

thisisyesterday Mon 14-Sep-09 22:08:24

i can't imagine what would possess you to buy that for someone without checking they'd want to use it first!!!

trellism Mon 14-Sep-09 22:13:08

Not only that, but I've just searched Medline for it, and the only thing that comes up is some poor woman who got a venous embolism (air bubble in the bloodstream) from using one.

It's going straight back to the manufacturer.

pickyvic Mon 14-Sep-09 22:32:56

good for you tellism, id send your hubby back to the manufacturer too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now