Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do i bother applying for a new job????????

(5 Posts)
nomorebooze Sun 13-Sep-09 19:50:05

hi, i am 22 weeks pregnant and moving back up north closer to family in a couple of weeks. this is good apart from the fact i am giving up a job i love! i have seen a job advertised that will suit me well, however do i even bother applying for it? i am concerned about being knocked back when i tell them im pregnant, if i even get an interview. would you even bother applying or wait till after the baby is born? thanks in advance for your replys!!!

Yikess Sun 13-Sep-09 21:09:25

I work in HR and you are under no obligation to reveal this (if you are like me you might not really be showing still)... Also they cannot discriminate because you are pregnant. I would apply, after all what harm is there really? The worst that happens is you dont get it and if nothing else you are finding out about it. for all you know you might decide YOU dont like it??

Issy42 Sun 13-Sep-09 23:24:11

Also work in HR. Apply. If they really want you they will fill the job temporarily until you can start.

skihorse Mon 14-Sep-09 08:13:14

I'm not in HR but I would go for it anyway - nothing to lose et al!

nomorebooze Mon 14-Sep-09 09:44:47

thanks for your replys, i think i am in self doubt mode at the moment, so much to sort out as we move in 3 weeks. it would stress me more not to tell them as i would feel i was almost lying to them!!!!!!!!!. many thanks for your replys, i will give it a shot as these jobs very rearly come up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now