Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did buy/go shopping for your pram?

(16 Posts)
hoops997 Sun 13-Sep-09 19:35:18

as the title says, my 12 week scan is coming up and my Mother is upholding the tradition of buying the first's pram......just wondering when you bought the pram for your first dc?

nickytwotimes Sun 13-Sep-09 19:39:31

I bought mine about half way through and picked it up a few weeks before my estimated delivery date.

scottishmummy Sun 13-Sep-09 19:41:05

John lewis,bought 30wk

dairymoo Sun 13-Sep-09 19:41:57

32 weeks, I think?

taytotayto Sun 13-Sep-09 19:47:07

i ordered mine at 18 weeks my husband didint know cos he went mad when i asked him if i could get it, he said to wait until we had out next scan. but pram was on offer so i went ahead and ordered it and m&p kept it for me. looking back now i wish i hadnt rushed cos i hate the thing!!!!

hoops997 Sun 13-Sep-09 20:13:39

I have found a lovely one, the Mamas & papas Ultima 8 in 1, but it's nearly £800!! Not sure if my Mother will stretch to that!

Maybe I should wait until my 20 week scan then at least I know everything will be alright.....thanks for your replies

carrielou2007 Sun 13-Sep-09 20:59:38

Don't buy it, it's a beast!! You need swivel wheels and ok if you walk everywhere but if you just want to pop out in the car for a pint of milk you will very soon get very tired of it!!

I had loads of prams for dd which meant this time I knew which would suit my lifestyle so now have the two I want, bought just after my 20 week scan.

Deemented Sun 13-Sep-09 21:06:17

With DS, my PFB, we chose the pram, The Mother paid £450 for it, and had it delivered home when DS was six weeks old - he was 12 weeks prem and still in hosital at the time.

With DD, we used DS's pram.

With DC4 we bought a twin pram off ebay for a bargainous £100 - First Wheels City Twin - and picked it up when about 18 weeks or so.

scottishmummy Sun 13-Sep-09 22:23:11

this page mothercare 10% discount code AF9

also JLewis will price match any cheaper shop,has to be a shop not internet deal.shop around and then get print out of price for pricematch

BlueChampagne Mon 14-Sep-09 15:47:59

Got mine on ebay about 30 weeks I think. Similarly, my Mum wanted to buy it so gave me a cheque.

NewbeeMummy Mon 14-Sep-09 16:30:08

I got given mine at about 20 weeks, picked it up from freecycle, got a M&P's Pliko, and although I'm still waiting for DD to make her appearance, I have tested I can collapse and expand it with one hand and it seems to pass that test.

hoops997 Mon 14-Sep-09 17:50:10

I have looked at the Pliko, it looks nice, there are so many out there I think it's going to be a nightmare to choose one!!

dal21 Mon 14-Sep-09 17:52:00

Waited until the 20 week scan before buying anything. Not sure why. But started looking a lot earlier before settling on the one we got.

woowa Mon 14-Sep-09 20:43:58

Like dal21, I have been looking at prams for ages (am 19 weeks) since about 13 weeks I think. Am planning to buy if sproglet is ok at 20 week scan (this friday, eek!). Planning on getting Mothercare mychoice 3 as is the only one that does absolutely everything I want it to do!!

Thanks for the vouchercode scottishmummy, I will now buy pushchair online, saving some lovely money in the process!

carrielou2007 Mon 14-Sep-09 21:44:56

Ladies, call into the pushchair shed, we love our prams and have had every combination between us!!

hanaflowerhatestheDM Mon 14-Sep-09 21:47:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now