Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 wk scan 2moro and fed up of hearing peoples gender preferences

(6 Posts)
gemstones Sun 13-Sep-09 13:41:09

Hiya

Sorry need to have a whinge!
Im 20 wks with Dc3, have 2DS already and they are the light of my life.
Im having scan 2moro and will find out what we are having.

The thing is for the past few months all my friends and family have been going on about is us having a girl , only having another to try for a girl etc etc etc.

Yes I would love a girl i would be lying if i said i didnt, but i know how much my boys mean to me and this one wouldnt be any different.

I just feel lots of pressue from everyone and if we are having another boy im dreading the " ah never minds" and all the sniggering comments.

Any advice and kick up the bums!

Thankyou

mummy2t Sun 13-Sep-09 13:47:53

i was exactly the same!! have 2 beautiful ds's and am now 38 weeks pregnant with a girl. i had all the " you are only trying for another to have a girl " comments but no i get " is that it know u have got what u wanted " it has really upset me as it makes me feel like my ds's arent special and they soooo are. i am pleased to be having a girl but no one pleased than i woud have been if she had been a boy. why cant people understand that when u are trying for a baby thats exactly what you are doing trying for a BABY not a particular gender. good luck with sca but i am afraid the comments will continue whatever the outcome, tell em all your happy with what you have been given and that your bubs is healthy. thats what i do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PrammyMammy Sun 13-Sep-09 13:52:00

Ahh, i feel for you! We only have one DC, a DS and we have had all the girl comments from day one. It seems crazy actually. People buying girly presents for us just in case lol.
They never believe you when you say you don't mind ( i don't, but would love to be able to say 'the boys').
It will probably keep on going no matter what you have.. and just imagine if you have another :O.

Beanigan Sun 13-Sep-09 13:52:49

Find out but don't tell them? Say you'd like to keep it a surprise for everyone....once DC3 is born then people wouldn't dare say 'oh never mind'.

Personally I've always dreamed of having 3 boys... only because I've known families with 3 grown up sons and they have always been so very close and would do anything for each other.

I know how you feel though as I'm pregnant with DC2 and I'm already getting 'lets hope it's a girl this time!' - the cheek!

gemstones Sun 13-Sep-09 13:58:10

Thanks for your replys ladies, i will just have to deal with the comments as and when they come.
Me and DH are convinced we are having another boy, we are already calling them our '3 muskateers'!
I think people forget whats really important dont they! xxxx

xfingerscrossedx Sun 13-Sep-09 14:36:54

Tell them to "poke it". Have had loads of people giving me their advice on finding out the gender... "spoiling the surprise" etc... How can having a beautiful baby in your arms link to the idea of disappointment.

I'm expecting a little boy and I'm delighted, but would have been equally delighted with a little girl.

Hope everything is wonderful for you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now