Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint and dizzy

(3 Posts)
turtle23 Sun 13-Sep-09 08:04:37

I am sure I am fine...just want reassurance, really. All morning I have been feeling very dizzy and faint. (30 weeks today) Suddenly occurred to me to test BP as have home tester and usually have quite low BP. It was 101/60(Did other arm for kicks and it was 102/60). Am assuming this is the reason for feeling funny, but also assuming that if I bother anyone they will tell me to be grateful I dont have high BP...what do you think?

katster37 Sun 13-Sep-09 10:13:50

Hi turtle. I have had low-ish BP throughout too - yesterday it was a bit better at 110/68 - but have also had a lot of dizzy/fainty episodes. I think it is the bottom number which dictates how fainty you feel as the top number can change a bit throughout the day, and 60 is pretty low. Is your blood sugar ok? Mine drops v quickly so when I feel crap, I generally have a biscuit and lie down for 10 mins.
I hope you're ok and that you are feeling happier than the other week. smile x

Issy42 Sun 13-Sep-09 22:55:54

Hi turtle. Last time I saw midwife (5 weeks ago @ 17 weeks) BP was 90/58 and had been feeling really dizzy, esp. in the shower and standing in supermarket queue. She told me not to worry - just something that happens in pregnancy - and there was nothing I could do about it, other than eat before I did things where I might feel dizzy. It seems to have got better over the last 5 weeks though not completely gone away - think that's helped by stress associated with trying to choose everything to buy for baby grin.

I did ask whether exercise would help as had been avoiding it because of dizziness and she said it might but should always have someone with me just in case. I found that keeping the window slightly ajar when in the shower seems to help and that constantly shifting weight from one foot to the other helps if I do get stuck in a situation where I can't sit down. Also a friend of mine who's a nurse said apple juice is great for a quick blood sugar boost.

Hope it's just a temporary dip for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now