Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain in c-section scar

(5 Posts)
Deeeja Sun 13-Sep-09 02:41:35

I am 38 weeks pregnant. I had 2 c-sections before my previous v-bac which was almost 3 years ago.
During the last couple of days I have been getting a bit of pain just around the old c-s scar. The last time I had a c-s was 4.5 years ago, after that I had a v-bac. I had no problems with previous pregnancy or birth. So I find it odd that I am getting this dull pain around the scar this pregnancy.
Has anyone else had problems with old c-s scar in subsequent pregnancies. Should I be worried, should I mention it to the obstetrician, considering they are quite keen to push me towards another el c-s, am just about holding them off. Will it pass? I am a little worried, but equally don't want another c-s if do not need it.

jabberwocky Sun 13-Sep-09 03:05:25

It's probably just scar tissue stretching but I would at least mention it. The only way your docs can take the best care of you is if they know everything that is going on.

Deeeja Sun 13-Sep-09 03:12:51

I know you are right, am awak with the worry now and trying to find info on the net.
I have an appointment on Wed, sp will mention it then. Have scared myself silly with google now anyway.
Thanks for reply.

jabberwocky Sun 13-Sep-09 03:30:59

Google can scare you! It's really probably fine, Do you have an on-call midwife who could reassure you in the meantime?

bevlin Sun 13-Sep-09 14:31:27

I would just metion it and maybe they will organise another scan to see if the placenta is covering any of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now