Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

at what week did you feel 2nd baby kick?

(9 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Fri 11-Sep-09 13:39:56

I felt it wriggling from very early on, and I know the feeling as I have a 16 mo DS. However, the movement is only the odd time now and I haven't yet felt a kick on the inside.

I had by 16 weeks with DS.

I'm 16+2 and a little concerned.

Oxymoronic Fri 11-Sep-09 13:59:40

About 15/16 wks, I'm 23 wks now and it seems so long ago grin although it was pretty difficult to distinguish between the movement and movement of gas in there!! lol but one time I felt something around that time when I was hanging the washing out, I just knew it wasn't wind.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, mine wasn't a massive movement, which if you've got a 16 MO you'll be remembering the gym workout they're doing at the end more than the first flutters smile

Pinkjenny Fri 11-Sep-09 14:01:11

Only little flutters at about 18 weeks, major kicks now at 24 weeks. I felyt dd at 17 weeks, so this time was a bit later. I doubt it's anything to worry about, even a slight change in position at this gestation would prevent you from feeling anything.

bevlin Fri 11-Sep-09 15:32:26

with first I felt movement at 16 weeks, this time (2nd) I felt it around 18/19 weeks. Supposed to feel second quicker but depends on placenta and other factors. Mine is anterior (on the front wall) so it could have cushioned the first movements. My friend is now 38 weeks with second and I remember her being in a panic as she'd felt nothing until 20/21 weeks but all is fine.

HeadFairy Fri 11-Sep-09 15:38:37

It wasn't until I was 21 weeks... I was a little panicky about it, but I have an anterior placenta too, so I guess I was cushioned. Not cushioned any more though - ouch!

pasturesnew Fri 11-Sep-09 15:40:48

18 I think, def. not any earlier. I was still quite worried at 20 week scan and then the scan showed baby was incredibly active, I just couldn't feel it!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Fri 11-Sep-09 18:19:03

This is brill, feel so much better now. Maybe I have an anterior placenta too. Can't wait to get to my 21 week scan, then I can chill the hell out.

didsnbump Fri 11-Sep-09 21:11:28

Hi im 18 weeks with number 2 and still nothing, had felt ds1 by now. Im hoping its down to being so busy with ds1 only 20months and working in a creche. I have no time to sit and chill to feel it!!

pinkmagic1 Fri 11-Sep-09 21:22:46

Had a anterior placenta with both of mine. Felt my first at about 16 weeks but didn't feel my 2nd until approx 20 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now