Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

All symptoms disappeared at 8 weeks..... but no bleeding ?

(9 Posts)
pregnantpeppa Fri 11-Sep-09 11:29:52

Am 8+1 today and over the last few days all the symptoms have completely disappeared. My sickness went about 5 days ago, didn't think too much about it but my boobs look smaller and are no longer sore. My tiredness has completely gone, I usually am a bad sleeper can only sleep 5 hours a stretch when not pregnant, but since got BFP was enjoying 10 hours a night without difficulty but this week been back to being wide awake in the middle of the night. I don't feel at all tired. Plus I completely lost my sex drive last time in first trimester, felt same this time round but am looking at my DH with new eyes again.

Not sure if I'm just making some of these up in my head - but surely 7 weeks too early for sickness to disappear? I did a pregnancy test this morning, still a line but thought it looked fainter than the one I got when I got my BFP.

I feel sure my GP will laugh at me but I just don't want to wait until 12 weeks to find out what I suspect. Does anyone know how I would go about getting an early scan? There is no EPU at my local hospital. I have my booking in appt on Tuesday and really don't want to go through it all pointlessly. Would it be possible to lose the baby without bleeding though? I just want to know what's going on.

GuernseyFrench Fri 11-Sep-09 11:44:01

Call your GP or MW to put your mind at rest.

My MS went went I was 8 weeks pg but the tiredness stayed. I am now 17 weeks.

Good luck

MumNWLondon Fri 11-Sep-09 14:41:27

I would go straight to GP and insist on either early scan or blood test.

pregnantpeppa Fri 11-Sep-09 18:46:15

Thanks, had decided to get in touch with the GP but just after I posted my DD got her fingers trapped in the front door and I have spent the afternoon at A&E with her! She has to have an operation on her finger first thing tomorrow, so am going to have to wait until Monday I think until I can sort myself out with speaking to the GP - at least my mind is busy worrying about DD and not the baby though!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 11-Sep-09 18:48:06

I was very sick until about 7 weeks or so, then all symptoms went and I felt fine, then at about 9 weeks, maybe a little earlier, the sickness came back and stayed for a long time. I am now 30 wks (or 31? Bloody hell I am so shit with numbers now I cannot even remember!)

xfingerscrossedx Fri 11-Sep-09 19:14:31

Hi, try not to worry. I thought my symptoms were going at 9 weeks... how wrong I was... three days later I felt rough and stayed rough until 16 weeks! Constant all day nausea, sickness and exhuasted. Maybe you're just getting a little break.

If you're still worried make sure you see someone to put your mind at rest.

Big hugs x

Deemented Fri 11-Sep-09 19:19:18

Please try not to worry. I'm 22 weeks now and have had no symptoms whatsoever.

However, if you are concerned, then contact your GP or local EPAU.

MidgetGems Sun 13-Sep-09 16:12:15

Hi
Hope your daughter is Ok. I had exactly the same thing -all my symptoms went at 8 weeks, but I was bleeding as well and had some pain. after a week or so I contacted my GP and they got me a scan. everything was fine and it turns out I was just lucky that the syptoms went early! Hope it is the same for you.
x

notjustapuppymum Sun 13-Sep-09 18:23:14

I was the same, all my symptoms disappeared at 9 weeks and I'm now 32 weeks and all is fine - so was just lucky. I'm sure you're the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now