Talk

Advanced search

Painful stomach cramps at 36 weeks - anything to worry about??

(6 Posts)
Tessiebear Fri 03-Jun-05 09:39:40

Had quite a busy day yesterday and in the evening i started getting cramps and tightenings down there (below the bump). Everytime the baby moved it made them worse and i was periodlcally in a lot of pain. BTW - the cramps were NOT contractions (Going by the last two pregnancies).
Anyway i was woken up by these cramps on and off throughout the night - gone this morning - should i tell the M/W??? Does it mean anything???
Would be grateful for any advice / experience. TessX

Twiglett Fri 03-Jun-05 09:41:31

can't hurt to tell her just in case

darlingbud Fri 03-Jun-05 10:07:08

I would mention it but could it be braxton hicks?

Toothache Fri 03-Jun-05 10:07:59

Could it be a UTI?

Tessiebear Fri 03-Jun-05 10:09:37

Darlingbud - no -Braxton hicks feel totally different,
Toothache - i thought about that - might ring MW

erinsmom Thu 09-Jun-05 13:14:05

sounds just like me right now,ive been checked out 4 times now ,ive been kept in twice too.firstly they said it was pain from the pubic bone getting softer and seperating,then they found i was slighltly dilated only 1 cm which they now agree happens with subsequent pregnancies,i had steroids at 30 weeks just incase baby came ,ive been losing mucus blobs for weeks now and getting all kinds of pain,pain under my bump,period like cramps,a short stabbing pain right where you dont want one and ligament pain up the sides of my bump,ive not been offered any explanation as to why the pain but they are not braxton hicks ,im also nauseus and have a dodgy tum every now and then and occasional dizzy spells,but as long as im not in labour at that very point and there has been no loss down below they just keep giving me co-drydamol,ive got another 7 weeks to go so im resigned to put up with this, but my doctors has signed me off work until i can go on maternity leave.hope this is helpfull ,looks like we will be putting up with it until its time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now