Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Possibly stupid question about alcohol in sauces

(6 Posts)
amyboo Fri 11-Sep-09 07:56:30

Just realised that tonight's planned dinner involves about a third of a bottle of red wine in the sauce. The sauce gets cooked for a good 1.5-2 hours, and I assumed it would be OK because the alcohol burns off. But, now I'm not so sure. I'm currently 11 weeks after a mmc at 13 weeks, so don't really want to take any risks. Anyone know if I'm OK to eat said dinner, or should I change dinner plans?

Portofino Fri 11-Sep-09 07:58:29

It'll be fine - honestly!

ben5 Fri 11-Sep-09 07:59:35

eat and enjoy the meal.

littleboyblue Fri 11-Sep-09 08:07:12

It'll be fine. Cooking will evaporate the alcohol. I often use wines in sauces and feed them to my 2 year old and my 7 month old.
FWIW, I've had 1mmc and 2 natural mc's and it not our fault. No one can say it happens for one particular thing that we do/did. I know it's hard to get closure when there's nowhere o put the blame, but these things won't happen because there is wine in a sauce.
Enjoy smile

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 11-Sep-09 08:25:04

I was told the alcohol burns off (checked this cos am muslim)
enjoy your meal.

amyboo Fri 11-Sep-09 08:44:24

Great - thanks for all the responses! In the sensible part of my head I know that a little alcohol wouldn't cause a mc, but unfortunately, I'm ruled by the worrying side of my head for at least the next couple of weeks, so all common sense has gone out the window!

Looking forward to my dinner now. Yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now