Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 and posterior?

(9 Posts)
Comma2 Fri 11-Sep-09 02:51:06

Hi,

I am 32 weeks pregnant and the nurse told me my baby was posterior--is it still going to turn or does this mean cesarian or what is going on?

lulalullabye Fri 11-Sep-09 03:38:49

it means that the baby is lying with it's spine against your spin ie back to back. You have plenty of time for lo to move. Spend as much time as you can on hands and knees and dont recline back in chairs or sofa. You will not need a c section, but the labour will be more painful but most certainly do able.

Just keep on your feet and walk/move as much as you can smile

mangostickyrice Fri 11-Sep-09 03:58:24

Ooh, I'm 32 wks as well! I think there's loads of time for the baby to move - lula has good ideas above, and if you have a birthing ball sit on it. Dd 1 was posterior and I managed without a c-section but it --bloody-- hurt I'll be doing whatever I can to get this one into a better position. Good luck

mangostickyrice Fri 11-Sep-09 04:00:45

hmm. bloody?

Yzzil Fri 11-Sep-09 09:52:15

Hi, I'm 35 weeks and was told the same yesterday, although I'm sure the baby has moved already. I think until it's properly engaged there's not much to worry about.

My plan - no more long car journeys and scrub the floor! I've also ordered a ball to sit on whilst watching telly as this is supposed to help (and everything else is so uncomfortable anyway...)

Comma2 Fri 11-Sep-09 17:01:03

I have a ball, so will sit on it. But doesn't that make the baby engage, which is bad when posterior? Though this is the 2nd, so prob won't engage until very late.

Okay, scrubbing the floor, time on hands and knees it is. Criminy.

Def do not want more painful labour or squish poor baby more than necessary.

Thanks!

Rindercella Fri 11-Sep-09 17:04:22

I was told DD was OP a couple of weeks before she was born. I spent most of the following fortnight on my hands and knees crawling everywhere! It seemed to do the job as she was the right way round when she was born. Good luck smile

Stokey Fri 11-Sep-09 17:15:09

Chekc out the spinning babies site - good tips on how to get yr baby into position

Comma2 Fri 11-Sep-09 21:35:21

..seems it takes all my focus and strength to sit in a recliner, but sounds like it won't do. Can maybe crawl after my 18-month old,it would amuse her if nothing else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now