Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This is what my book says...

(9 Posts)
ErikaMaye Thu 10-Sep-09 16:01:53

But you lot tend to be even more reliable grin

In one of the pregnancy books I have - "A Rough Guide", Kaz Cooke - it says that if you're comfortable laying on your back, and it doesn't give you the dizziness or anything, then its safe to do so. Is this right? I'm finding being on my back so much more comfortable that laying on my side, and am not getting dizzy in the slightest from doing so (am 30+3 by the way). So... Can I lay on my back?

Dragonfly73 Thu 10-Sep-09 16:44:10

my book says the same thing. If it is bad for you, your body will tell you and you will change position.

ErikaMaye Thu 10-Sep-09 17:12:26

Back-sleeping it is then!!

Kingsroadie Thu 10-Sep-09 17:29:31

I do - 28 weeks - have back problems and ribs cause me a lot of pain when lying on my side so have been sleeping on back a lot. I just think that if you feel fine doing it then why not... (I have just got a wedge pillow which has really helped with the rib pain when trying to lie/sleep on my side though - just in case it might help you too!)

ErikaMaye Thu 10-Sep-09 17:33:48

Sorry to hear about your pain, but glad you've managed to get comfy. I might get one of those, thanks... Did wonder about it - am loving my pillows of all shapes and sizes right now hehe!!!

Kingsroadie Thu 10-Sep-09 17:41:42

Yes they really help - I'd say get one - not entirely pain free but a lot better than before (still waking up every hour from 1am though - ugh).

I have that under bump and a cushion between knees too - there's almost no room for my husband anymore! Hope you manage to get comfortable too...smile

ErikaMaye Thu 10-Sep-09 17:43:55

Have you got one of those "V" shaped ones? My goodness, they're a God-send, I tell you... I'm snuggled into mine right now. Its brilliant for pretty much everything!!

Did you get yours from Mothercare? Just wondering, as they seem pretty reasonably priced on there.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Thu 10-Sep-09 19:29:29

Is it true that sleeping on your back can encourage the baby into a back to back position?

Or is that only sitting back like on the sofa?

Kingsroadie Fri 11-Sep-09 09:56:06

ErikaMaye - No I don't have one of those actually - I honestly don't think we'd fit in our double bed with that too (my husand also likes to do funny things with his pillows...!) I have a "wedgie" one for feeding though which I put between my knees.

With the wedge of cheese one I got it from Amazon - think from a shop/seller called BirthEase. It was really cheap - I think £9.99 (but then again I suppose it's just a small wedge of foam).

meemarsgotabrandnewbump - hmm - hadn't really thought about that actually. I hope not! However, I would rather get some sleep and concentrate on "positioning" the baby correctly during the day! actually, having said that, I slept quite a lot on my sides last night due to the cheese wedge pillow! I also found last night that when I lay on my back I felt a bit like my head was going to explode which I believe can be the result of the baby pushing down on a major artery to the heart or something...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now