Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HCG levels only grown from 3200 to 4564

(13 Posts)
boodleboot Thu 10-Sep-09 13:27:09

....in 48 hrs.

does this always mean it is a likely miscarriage or ectopic?

Dragonfly73 Thu 10-Sep-09 16:49:28

how far along are you? Doubling times vary depending on how far along you are. I understand that doubling times are measured across a 48 to 72 hour window up until about 6 weeks (4 weeks gestation). After that the levels of HCG production (and their doubling time) slows considerably.

I dont want to offer you false hope but i totally wouldnt write this off yet. Can you get another beta taken?

memorylapse Thu 10-Sep-09 17:02:46

I did a lot of research on hcg doubling times when I was pregnant with dd after being told I had a non viable pregnancy and she was either a blighted ovum or a mole..in 48 hours my levels went from 1560 to 2000 and I was told to prepare for the worst..but I held out for a repeat scan 10 days later and she was fine...my understanding is that levels can take 72 hours to double and up to 96 hours to double once levels are over 6000..also in 10-15% of normal pregmamcies, levels will be low and not increase as expected.

wwydlactose Thu 10-Sep-09 17:08:01

bump

boodleboot Thu 10-Sep-09 17:26:07

thanks dragonfly memory and hello ha...smile

my LMP was 26th Jul and from the scan i had the sonographer said there was what appeared to be 4 week gestational sac on tuesday. well actually it looked like there were two of those. they are rescanning in the morning

i really don't feel like this is an ectopic....zero pain zero bleeding...and levels going up not down so surely can't be MC
I think i just need longer to double....the hcg calculator that we found said it would be 3 days for my levels to double...thats ok isn';t it???

at least thats what i am hoping....

memorylapse Thu 10-Sep-09 18:12:27

I dont think the hcg doubling is an exact science if you know what I mean..so your levels could have doubled in 72 hours.are they going to do another hcg?

boodleboot Thu 10-Sep-09 18:46:39

they are doing another scan first - in the morning. If this doesnt give any answers as to what is happening then they will do bloods again sat i think

the waiting is torture....x

boodleboot Thu 10-Sep-09 18:48:11

How you doing memory anyway? bleeding stopped? i bet you are dreading tomorrow....really hoping for a good result for you smile

<<big love>>

TotalChaos Thu 10-Sep-09 18:49:02

could have written memorylapse's post virtually word for word! went through similar when PG with DS, notes actually said ?ectopic, but all turned out well. best wishes for the scan tomorrow. did you have an internal scan, as they show a bit more than an abdominal one at this stage....

memorylapse Thu 10-Sep-09 19:47:11

Boodle..bleeding stopped and Ive been hurling for Britain todaygrin (really hoping this is a good sign)..we will both be on tenterhooks until after our respective scans tomorrow..keeping everything as tightly crossed as possible for you <<hugs>>

boodleboot Fri 11-Sep-09 09:37:58

going in for another scan now....really really praying that i am just a 72 hr hormone grower rather than a 48hr girl and that the sacs they saw the other day have grown....wish me luck....

Warmseabreeze Fri 11-Sep-09 10:48:31

Fingers crossed for u xx

memorylapse Fri 11-Sep-09 14:00:30

any news yet Boodle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now