Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone else experienced......

(3 Posts)
Miche11e Thu 10-Sep-09 08:53:56

Good Morning
Im currently 32 +1, for the past couple of days I have had period type pain across my lower abdomen and feeling nauseous, and the baby has been noticeably more active too - shifting around alot. I was told last week in my check up that baby was in a posterier postion (so spine to spine but head down) and she said it would make me uncomfortable, and on Tuesday this week I also had less than half a teaspoon of brownish discharge (TMI I know), one off and nothing else since. But last night I couldnt sleep cos of the pain and I took a couple of paracetomol and that took it away, but have a dull ache this morning. Have you experienced any of this in the later stages of your pregnancy?
I have left a message for the midwife to double check, but not sure if this is something to be worried about as I had this (but not as bad) at about 28 weeks pregnant but it was sporadic and not as painful and the midwife said that its part and parcel and so long as there is no pattern to the pain nothing to worry - but also then bubba wasnt as active as these last few days. I just wander if the strong movement of the baby is causing this.

Thanks Michelle

blinder Thu 10-Sep-09 09:57:34

Difficult for people to comment Michelle, as this could be a number of things. Lots of people have pains like you describe which turn out to be indigestion or nothing at all, but they can also mean early labour.

I assume the midwife has got back in touch with you, but just in case she hasn't, make sure you get hold of her asap just to rule out contractions starting.

All the best for your pregnancy and birth smile.

ohnelly Thu 10-Sep-09 10:47:26

Hi I had similar & my midwife got me to get on my hands and knees on the floor and rock backwards and forwards to try & turn the baby whenever I could. It is definatley more painful if the baby is back to back as you describe. Try it might ease the pain even if it doesnt turn the baby. Mine had to be turned slighly before he came out while I was in labour. Good luck! and try not to worry too much - it is bloody uncomfortable in the last few months anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now