Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Discharge on and off with occasional blood?

(3 Posts)
ilovemywellies Wed 09-Sep-09 22:24:37

Hi Ladies,
I've seen some threads on here before about brown discharge in early pregnancy, and I know that it combined with bleeding can be a sign of miscarriage, or can be fine.

A week ago I had a small amount of fresh blood, and then brown discharge on and off for a week. I've had cramping all through my pregnancy so far (even at 2 weeks!). I had a scan on Monday and the baby had a heartbeat, which was great news. Today the brown became a little flecked with red again, (but just a little).

Has anyone else had a combination of brown and red discharge on and off at the beginning of their pregnancy and made it through?

It's my first and I don't want to be hassling the midwife, but trying to work out when to be worried and when not?! I'm only 7 weeks.

Any advice would be encouraging!
thanks ladies x

joesgirl Thu 10-Sep-09 08:46:03

Hi ilovemywellies

Unfortunately I cannot offer a success story yet, but I certainly hope so and wish you all the best! A heartbeat is certainly a good sign. I have the same grey/brown discharge, now since Sunday night, today for the first time with fresh red blood. It is nerve-wrecking! I understand that the chances are 50/50, and I also know some friends who had bleeding and made it all the way through.

Unless you experience any pain or heavy bleeding, I guess I would wait and see and have another scan around week 10, if I were you.

Good luck to you!

maybebaby23 Thu 10-Sep-09 09:39:19

I had the same thing with DD1 and it turned out to be a cervical erosion, baby was absolutely fine. Now pregnant with DD2 and at 10 weeks suddenly had quite a lot of fresh blood. It is so scary. Had a scan where they saw a small clot or something just below the placenta, a sub chorionic bleed. This cleared up and baby is ok thankfully

Did they notice anything on the scan, like where the bleeding may be coming from? If not, could be a cervical erosion as baby seems to be fine? Hope all is well, good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now