Talk

Advanced search

Due date tomorrow, and not feeling at all impatient to go into labour as I don't much fancy the pain.

(11 Posts)
SpawnChorus Wed 09-Sep-09 21:04:40

I'm getting lots of BH contractions, and it's really beginning to hit home that I will be fairly imminently going into labour.

EEEEEEEKKK!

I don't like pain. <<wibble>>

I don't like tearing and stitches.

I'm worried about the baby's safety, and mine.

<<sharts self>>

bunnybunyip Wed 09-Sep-09 21:10:52

I was worried about going into labour since...ooh, probably since I found out where babies came from! It is hard to reassure you as everyone has such different experiences, but all I can say is I wish I hadn't spent so much time worrying. Equip yourself with information but don't worry; there is little you can do to affect things and it will all be over before you know it.
I was terrified of tearing, it sounded awful, but I didn't even feel it when it happened (I had diamorphine and gas and air for pain relief).
You will be fine.

SpawnChorus Wed 09-Sep-09 21:18:32

It's actually DC3, so unfortunately it's real memories that are worrying me, rather than the unknown, iykwim grin

I think I'm more worried this time round as I'm more aware of what can go wrong, plus I've been so fecking busy recently that I've not been thinking much about being pg (or labour) so I'm just not feeling ready.

puffylovett Wed 09-Sep-09 21:23:24

I'm totally understanding where you're coming from, Spawnchorus ! DC2 due on monday, and I'm trying VERY hard not to think about the crowning <shudders>

PacificDogwood Wed 09-Sep-09 21:23:46

SpawnChorus (love your name, BTB, so apt wink), would it help to remind yourself that every labour/delivery is different? If the reasons for previous less than ideal deliveries are not present in this pregnancy you might have a totally different experience, you just never know.. I suppose this not-knowing you'll have to make your peace with.
Very best of luck smile!!

winnybella Wed 09-Sep-09 21:33:05

SpawnChorus is it your first?
I gave birth & months ago and even though I have a 7-year-old I was freaking out for a good few months before a due date. Really, really anxious. The day came...and I was so relaxed, took a long bath, went for a walk, DP panicking,and in the evening, just before going to the hospital, managed to beat him in Scrabble( making breaks every 5 min for contractions).
Once I got to the hospital it was FINE. You're so high on all the hormones that there really is no comparison with, say, dentist or other everyday pain. Really. I hate pain, I hate dentists etc., but I was fine (had epidural at the very end). Stitching -barely registered it because had brand new DD in my arms!
Don't worry about anything bad happening- hospitals are very well equipped to deal even with the scary stuff, which is very unlikely to happen anyway.
Good luck and keep us updated!

winnybella Wed 09-Sep-09 21:34:06

oops obviously not your first...

TeaandCake Thu 10-Sep-09 09:19:29

Ah Spawn, I'm due tomorrow and have decided that I'm just not ready to have another baby (yep, a bit late now!).

I'm trying v hard to summon the memory of the lovely euphoria I felt after DS's birth and hope that it turns up again this time!

I'm mostly just in denial that labour and birth is just around the corner. Perhaps not the best coping strategy!

Anyway, just think about the lovely newborn about to arrive in your life. There really is nothing else like it!

Mybox Thu 10-Sep-09 09:28:58

Good luck spawnchorus xxx

HelenaBonhamCarter Thu 10-Sep-09 09:32:32

arghhh loving your very English thread title grin

It will be Ok

honest

<mwah ha ha ha>

No really it will, because I want to have a dc3 at some point and I have to believe it will be Ok. iyswim.

grin It should be a bit easier if for no other reason than your fanjo has been pre stretched.

Deeeja Thu 10-Sep-09 11:35:47

OMG, the fanjo stretching, please do not mention that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now