Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby scans

(5 Posts)
Gingerpusstat Wed 09-Sep-09 19:58:51

I'm pregnant for the first time and live in Bristol. I'd like to know when I will be offered a scan/scans during my pregnancy.

boodleboot Wed 09-Sep-09 20:29:52

its 12 weeks down in the SE unless you are not sure of your dates in which case they give you an early dating scan which is usually up to a week from gp/midwife request. The another anomaly scan at 20-22 wks to check all the major organs.

Gingerpusstat Wed 09-Sep-09 20:41:49

I'm pretty sure of my dates - I'll be 12 weeks around mid October.
These last few weeks have seemed to pass so slowly - October seems like an age away. I guess it feels longer because we've not told anyone yet.
I really want to have my first scan before I spread the news.

Nocoffeenoworkee Wed 09-Sep-09 21:06:19

I too live in Bristol and I'm just about to have my dating scan at 10 weeks, and I am sure of my dates - as far as I can tell they are happy to do your dating scan from 10 weeks onwards. Congratulations!

Gingerpusstat Fri 11-Sep-09 21:08:49

Thank you!
I just got my first scan date in the post this morning! It'll be at the end of September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now