Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Yikes. 6 weeks pregnant with no2, very excited but overwhelmed! Blame the hormones?

(5 Posts)
LucyK1978 Wed 09-Sep-09 16:31:18

Okay, so we're pregnant with our second baby and have told close friends and immediate family, but I'm struggling to keep it a secret and just need to go 'rrrraaaarrrr', so apologies in advance for the rant!!

We also have a 20 month old daughter who I adore and love spending my time with, but my first bout of morning sickness struck this afternoon and I'm now wondering if I'd really thought this through...!! This pregnancy was planned and totally wanted, so I'm sure it's just the hormones but really people, HELP!!

I feel like I'm going to be puking for the next eternity, get big and fat and not be able to put on my shoes, let alone run around after toddler-toes, and have just realised that whilst I was in my 20's during my last pregnancy, I'm now in my 30's and that sounds very different. I'll be 31 with two children under 3 - when did I become a grown up?!

We live in Germany so I also have all the normal living abroad frustrations and language difficulties. Plus, of the four families that live in our building, two of the ladies can't have babies and I'm not looking forward to telling them that I'm expecting again.

Phew, just feeling a bit overwhelmed! grin

coffeeanybody Wed 09-Sep-09 22:13:47

Congratulations, from mother of 2, one 2 and half, the other 13months! Age 35, so your just young one! Definately tough for first bit, but gets easier, really have loved it, so much more relaxed with no. 2, just know and trust my instincts so much more. Good luck and try and enjoy!!

Poledra Wed 09-Sep-09 22:29:56

Congratulations! I have 3 DDs, 5.5yo, 3.5 yo and 13 months. And I'm a ol' witch of 38 grin. I found it sooooo much easier with DD2 - you're much more relaxed. And as DD2 got older, she loved watching DD1 prance about the place. My biggest problem was making sure DD1 didn;t love DD2 to death ('Wanna kissie? Mwah!' while leaning on the baby's chest grin).

Remember, when you get bigger, letting your DD play hairdressers (you are of course, the client while she 'does' your hair) and doctors (patients lie down, don't they?) are marvellous distractions wink

mummeeee Thu 10-Sep-09 12:14:08

Hey there

I'm with you. I am somewhere about 9-11 weeks pregnant with number 2 and already have a nearly 15mth old little girl.

Since I found out about the pregnancy I've been feeling really overwhelmed. Even though we were trying, I didn't expect it to happen so fast, cos it took us 2 years to conceive our first. Hence, I'm pleased as I was beginning to worry about whether another was possible....but with the morning sickness and extreme tiredness I'm feeling like I can't look after my dd anymore and wondering when it all might get easier???

Also, our dd has a v serious medical condition and I didn't realise how much fear I'd have about this affecting number 2. Maybe naive, but there is no data, so no specific risk...but I'm already starting to worry about being able to care for both baby and dd when baby arrives.

Spending most days in pyjamas which isn't helping. Reckon it must be normal to be pleased/confused/overwhelmed and concerned all at once.

LucyK1978 Thu 10-Sep-09 15:05:51

Thank you all - it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels a bit overwhelmed sometimes. Especially when this is something you want and have actively achieved (literally!) it feels somehow inappropriate to then feel a bit nervous about it. I read my post back last night and thought I sounded like a right miserable moo, which I'm not at all!

I love the play hairdressers and doctors suggestions - great way to sit on my bum for a bit while still playing together. Never mind waiting until I'm the size of a whale I might try it now!! grin And yes I think I'm going to have to put some thought to the kiss and cuddle smothering, DD1 does love a good smoochie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now