Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to be really exhausted at 35 weeks?

(8 Posts)
kathyis6incheshigh Wed 09-Sep-09 15:19:00

This is my 3rd pregnancy but I don't remember being this bad before - I'm ready to fall asleep at 7pm, finding it really hard to stay awake for kids' bedtimes.
Children are at nursery and dh is a domestic hero and I'm working from home atm, so not like my life is terribly strenuous.

My iron was borderline so I'm already taking supplements.

Anyone know if this is usual? Thanks.

HannahWales Wed 09-Sep-09 15:31:58

Hi - I've been the same. I thought I was coming down with something as I've had so much energy before now but it looks like it's just tiredness. Have also been taking iron supplements. Less than 8.5 hours a sleep a night and I'm a zombie.

cyteen Wed 09-Sep-09 15:34:01

God, I was totally done in at 35 weeks with my first (so far only) pregnancy - you've got 2 kids to look after as well, no wonder you're knackered! Sounds completely normal to me. I prescribe lots of chocolate biscuits grin

pasturesnew Wed 09-Sep-09 15:35:36

Yes but have to say the bordeline anaemia doesn't help at all, hopefully the supplements will start making a difference soon, they did for me. Good luck, not long now!

LondonNinja Wed 09-Sep-09 15:36:24

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and absolutely knackered. I am sleeping badly, too. Still working, as well.

I am soooo tired but cannot sleep. How mad is that?! I feel like I am in a daze today.

kathyis6incheshigh Wed 09-Sep-09 15:36:46

Normal then? Oh well, that's good really I suppose! smile
Normally I feel this drugged at the beginning of the pregnancy but don't remember being like this towards the end.
Hannah - 8.5 hours sleep is nothing - I had 13 the other night! wink

WowOoo Wed 09-Sep-09 15:38:08

I was sooo tired after 33 wks. good job I tried to rest as ds2 came early.

So, I think it's pretty normal.

Congrats on your 3rd you brave and lucky lady!

kathyis6incheshigh Wed 09-Sep-09 15:39:38

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now