Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight the second time around - is it more difficult to get back into shape?

(10 Posts)
PinkFluffPudding Thu 02-Jun-05 20:18:12

Was v lucky with first pg - put on lots of weight but was back to old weight when dd was 8 mths.

Am putting on lots again, quite blase about it but have started to wonder if it is harder the next time round! I remember Davina Mcall saying it was for her, just wondering what fellow MNers' experiences were. Cheers!

trefusis Thu 02-Jun-05 20:22:33

Message withdrawn

PinkFluffPudding Thu 02-Jun-05 20:24:30

Yes, majority of mine came off while BF in first few months. Final few lbs came off after stopping BF.

cherith Thu 02-Jun-05 20:29:04

I found it harder the secound time around. When i had my first it took 1 month. I was lucky, but he was a small baby weighing 5lbs 12oz. My secound was 8Ibs 13oz. I have just lost the weight and he is 11 months. I didn't try very hard because the more i thought about it the more i ate. Try not to worry too much.

PinkFluffPudding Thu 02-Jun-05 20:32:45

OK - I like that attitude! TBH I'm not too worried but every now and then (usually mid-mouthful-of-cake) I do think oh sh*t am i ever gonna lose this again?

Anyone else? Come on i know there's a lot of other mums out there with more than one child!

morningpaper Thu 02-Jun-05 20:33:57

Pinkfluffpudding: I am also pregnant with no. 2 and worried about this too - have just scoffed packet of chocolate buttons as I'm reading this thread...

PinkFluffPudding Thu 02-Jun-05 20:37:02

chicagomum Thu 02-Jun-05 21:05:34

My second is now 5 months old, i've found it much harder this time round, and also the toning up aspect is harder (mind you my first was 6.5lbs, my second was 10lbs so i think that made the situation worse)!!!

Mirage Thu 02-Jun-05 22:15:06

I know that this isn't going to make me popular,but I found that I have lost weight easier 2nd time around.I put 4stone plus on with dd1 & it took about 6 months to get back to normal.With dd2,I only put on a stone or so & it has nearly all gone already & she isn't 2 wks old yet.

In my defence,I don't like being skinny,I eat no n stop,but just don't seem to get any bigger.I wish a little bit of the weight would stay on!

PinkFluffPudding Thu 02-Jun-05 22:26:06

Not unpopular with me Mirage... you have given me hope!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now