Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had acupuncture at Active Birth Centre to move baby or anywhere else you'd recommend?

(9 Posts)
alittleteapot Wed 09-Sep-09 14:51:26

I'm about to book to try and get my oblique lying baby to shift round. Just wondered if anyone had been there or recommended anyone else?

TwinkleToes76 Wed 09-Sep-09 15:27:22

Haven't had it there myself but know people who have and would recommend him (not sure whether it was to move the baby though) - if it is still the same man, I think he runs a free maternity acupuncture service at the Whittington Hospital for women booked in with them. I've had osteopathic treatment at the ABC and that was very good!

alittleteapot Thu 10-Sep-09 21:40:29

Thanks very much - am now booked in.

Now I'm wondering what happens if the baby has moved by itself in the meantime. Will the acupuncturist check position first or doesn't it matter?

BiscuitStuffer Thu 10-Sep-09 21:52:49

Went to this osteopath here at about 37 weeks and my baby switched from breech to the right way round within 2 days and he'd been breech for weeks.

alittleteapot Thu 10-Sep-09 21:56:35

Thanks BiscuitStuffer. What did she do?

BiscuitStuffer Thu 10-Sep-09 22:11:09

My friend had a tiny twist in her pelvis (and SPD) that the osteo untangled and that made more space inside and the baby just turned by itself.

BiscuitStuffer Thu 10-Sep-09 22:24:20

sorry meant to say in previous post my friends baby, not my baby - typo blush

sleepwhenidie Thu 10-Sep-09 22:29:34

I think there is a very good acupuncturist and/or reflexologist at (or with good relations with) TriYoga in Primrose Hill, they usually have excellent alternative therapists, give them a call - www.triyoga.co.uk/. If receptionist no good ask if you could speak to one of the pregnancy yoga instructors. Good luck smile

MumNWLondon Fri 11-Sep-09 18:32:08

hi - i have used naava carmen - she is expert in fertility and pregnancy
www.thefertilitysupportcompany.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now