Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it normal to feel kicking so slow? Feels like baby is trying to escpape!

(9 Posts)
devotion Wed 09-Sep-09 08:59:20

Hello
Last night I had the strangest experience I was woken up by the baby kicking me but so low down that I thought he/she was trying to get out.
I get my bikini line waxed and always get a strip taken off along the top of my bikini line and it was beyond that line.

I am 20 weeks today, the baby was kicking so hard I could feel it on the outside? This is my 3rd baby and I only felt movement with others frm 19 weeks and noy from the outside until much later. I guess i could feel it on the outside as it was slow low down and not much fatty tissue between baby and skin.

Is that normal, I started thinking maybe my cervix was opening and could not sleep. I've had not waters coming out or any symptoms of any kind.

Interested to hear if you have experienced this?

Many thanks

devotion Wed 09-Sep-09 09:00:11

excuse my rushed typing and bad spelling x

LyraSilvertongue Wed 09-Sep-09 09:13:37

I often got the feeling that the baby was stamping on my cervix from the inside, but can't remember at how many weeks.
Can you ring your midwife for reassurance?

devotion Wed 09-Sep-09 10:33:39

I have left a message, takes ages for them to call back!

fatandiknowit Wed 09-Sep-09 12:42:57

Hi,

I'm 30+2 and my baby has always kicked very low down (he's presenting breech) - I did have the same concerns about escaping as you - but he's been doing this for 4-5 weeks now and I think it's just pressure on my cervix and bladder which makes me feel it is so low....

Bit worrying but my midwife assures me I am normal - well in that respect anyway grin

Hope you get a call back soon as it can be a bit unnerving!

devotion Wed 09-Sep-09 19:03:22

Hello

Good to know.

Spoke to midwife and she also said it was normal as long as I was not losing any waters.

It just felt to low, mad!

Tomatefarcie Wed 09-Sep-09 19:38:02

3rd baby here too, and baby is kicking very low too. (am 22 weeks). can't feel the kicks on the outside, but I have to undo my belt every time I sit down (and I only wear underbump trousers).

I was worried about the baby being breech, but had the same feeling at the scan last week, and "it" was head down, so I have no idea which bits -hands or feet- are actually doing the kicking/punching, but good grief it's low!

Glad to hear your mw didn't think anything of it.

wasabipeanut Wed 09-Sep-09 19:40:46

My DS used to do this - it felt like he was on his way out. I am 19 weeks now with nuber 2 and as well as distinct movements I sometimes feel a pressing sensation very low, as if junior pressing on my cervix. It isn't very comfortable actually.

preggersplayspop Wed 09-Sep-09 19:42:33

I'm getting a similar thing, its my second baby and I am 29 weeks. I get quite hard kicking near my ribs and also a strange tickling feeling really low down. I don't remember this from first time around. This baby obviously has very long limbs and is having a good feel around all the crevices!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now