Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Double trouble!

(6 Posts)
nothingbyhalves Tue 08-Sep-09 21:10:26

I'm 13 weeks with twins (first pregnacy) Whats normal and not?

Insanitybecomesme Tue 08-Sep-09 21:45:14

I wish I knewblush I am 16 weeks with twins[5th pregnancy]. I will be seeing my midwife tomorrow and asking her that same questionsmile

l39 Wed 09-Sep-09 09:20:37

Congratulations to you both! I have twins (8 now) and the pregnancy was actually easier than my current one (with one baby). Increased morning sickness is normal but not inevitable. Extra scans are likely (lots of extra scans if they share a placenta). Having twins is great, though.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 09-Sep-09 09:22:42

Ooooh I have no advice but wanted to say congratulations!

nothingbyhalves Wed 09-Sep-09 22:45:27

Thanks, I've been told they are sharing a placenta, but are non identical. I didn't even think this was possible!

Trudi2009 Thu 10-Sep-09 17:37:30

I'm 28 weeks with ID twins. From what I can gather there really isn't a major difference in care apart from the fortnightly scans which become a little boring after about the 5th one. From what I can gather, the major diffrerence is stress on your body. Worse morning sickness, more painful back ache as you just grow likely crazy from about 22 weeks onwards, there are a few illnesses that you are more prone to like PUPPS and TTTS (if they share the same placenta). You should look them up as I have PUPPS at the moment and although it's pretty harmless it did freak me out at first. Apparently it's really common with people carrying twins. And you do have an increased chance of having a C section as they don't always behave and lie in a good way for delivery.
Otherwise congratulations and take it easy, you are really going to need that extra energy ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now