Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd babies!!

(7 Posts)
mummy2t Tue 08-Sep-09 19:36:55

are they same as other 2, labour and birth wise or different. i was early with dc 1 and 2 and now wondering what will happen with this one.

CantThinkofFunnyName Tue 08-Sep-09 19:39:16

Each pg and birth is different IME

DogAgain Tue 08-Sep-09 19:39:25

Message withdrawn

weegiemum Tue 08-Sep-09 19:42:29

My dd1 was a 37 hour ghastly back to back labour with syntocin augmentation, ventouse, etc etc ....

Ds was 10 hours, simple delivery start to finish

Dd2 was induced at 37 weeks, 12 hours, once it got going, very similar to ds.

crankytwanky Tue 08-Sep-09 20:49:01

I'm hoping number 3 will just slide out!

2nd was much easier than first.

Ninni Tue 08-Sep-09 22:15:20

I asked my midwife that question and she said in general, they expect the second one to be quicker, however, the third one could go either way.

springerspaniel Tue 08-Sep-09 22:17:35

DS1 was 7 hours from twinge to birth. Pain was terrifying and really freaked me out for number 2. DD1 was then 4 hours from twinge to birth. Pain was even more terrifying (or I was so tense that it hurt more).

Am now 2 days late (period not due date) with planned number 3. Really pleased but stupidly cacking my pants already about labour. Want it to be quick but not to hurt (don't we all!). smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now