Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I am peeing for britain, france and maybe even a touch of germany...

(13 Posts)
HeartOfCrystal Tue 08-Sep-09 17:27:32

Ah the joys of pregnancy, gone are the days of normal bladder tolerency. As a spare of the moment dash to the asda proved to me today the second i got through those automatic doors nature began to whisper softly in my ear, by the time i got past the first aisle it was more like an out of control football stadium chanting "NEED TO PEE, NEED TO PEE!!" Of course being a woman on a mission that being i am a female i WISH to shop i SHALL shop i tried to control myself and continue my quest.... hmm

Now nothing would give me greater pleasure then to say i was sucessful..... However by the fifth aisle I was utterly bursting. sad
I gave up went to the checkout and had the hugest urge to do the "holding it in dance" that i used to do when i was 5.... After a crazy taxi ride home thinking pleeeease dont go over those damn speed bumps ( and he did )
I finally returned home ran through the house like a crazed flamingo and had the best pee of my life my Dp chuckling away to himself when i explained the situation to him expecting maybe an awww poor you, offer of a cupper and maybe even a biscut to ease me through my truama his only respose was "why didn't you just use the public loos they have right by the kiosk?" and had a fit of sniggering as i finally remembered he was right salvation was but feet away....

lesson i have learnt .... Be more aware of local loos hehe Or maybe invest in a adult potty blush

Can any ladies tell me how long this lovely phase is gonna stick around for? I can't remember it being this bad with my first xxx

GuernseyFrench Tue 08-Sep-09 17:32:40

Sorry not much help, I'm 17 weeks and go about every 30 mn. But I do drink a lot of water as I have a tendancy to do water infections.
I agree with you, you need to know which shops have toilets and where the public loos are.
Good luck!

generalunrest Tue 08-Sep-09 18:02:31

I'm 23 wks and I've had about two weeks of the loo not calling me at all in the night shock I recon DD has shifted her position, still get a few kicks in the bladder, but they just tickle lol

HeartOfCrystal Tue 08-Sep-09 18:50:40

smile well hopefull when i reach the 20ish week mark it'll fade into a distant memory hmm ah well my plan of wowing the dragons den with my magnificent porta potty for ladies in the works as we speak smile

blondieminx Tue 08-Sep-09 18:59:44

22 weeks here and have been going every hour since about 6 weeks! Friends have suggested tenalady's but that's too horrid to contemplate, I am hanging onto my dignity thanks very much! grin

bevlin Tue 08-Sep-09 19:05:54

Funny, I hadn't thought about this until now. I was constantly pee-ing through whole PG with DS. Up loads in the night and knew every public toilet in a 10 mile radias. This time, Im not much different from when im not PG in terms of how often....obviously at 23 weeks starting to get the feeling my bladder will pop if I don't go with the weight on bladder.
I wonder why you'd pee more in one PG and not another.

generalunrest Tue 08-Sep-09 20:10:59

Bevlin, yeah, I'm sure I was a lot more with DD1 than this one, perhaps it gets all 'stretched' in there with preg 1 so there's a bit more room and LO doesn't have to hang about so much bouncing on your bladder grin

OmicronPersei8 Tue 08-Sep-09 20:20:00

The weirdest bit is after you have the baby and don't need to pee for days (or that's what it feels like). And if you breastfeed you can drink water before going to bed and not need to get up to go to the loo at all! Although you will still be up lots in the night...

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 20:48:57

Gonna sound strange now ladies, but when you're having a pee, rock back and forth for a bit afterwards, and it'll empty your bladder further, therefore meaning it'll take longer to feel full again.

ErikaMaye Tue 08-Sep-09 20:49:30

If you're peeing for Britian, France and part of Germany, I think I've got the rest of Europe grin

fiziwizzle Wed 09-Sep-09 12:29:20

Ooh I thought I was alone on this. I'd heard that the womb is meant to rise up the abdomen at about week 13 and relieve the pressure on your bladder. I'm 18w and still peeing at least once an hour, often more, and when I need to go I'm desperate but often there isn't a lot there... I feel like my bladder has been somehow bruised or tenderised by preg hormones, so now it is signalling that I need to go when only half full, or something... I drink a lot of fluids but reckon that's healthy so don't really want to cut it down, but am tired of feeling like a wee machine.

HeartOfCrystal Wed 09-Sep-09 12:49:31

lmao Ladies may i present the porta potty delux (____) a completly collaspable reusualble (after a rinse of course) alternative to doing the i need to pee dance

Its shocking i used to mock my mother for having a weak bladder now i go 3times more then her ooo it could be karma hmm

Roll on when i can go more then 20mins without tinkling xx

lol im just over 20 weeks and my urge to pee has not gone away yet at all especially when baby thinks its funny to swim about by my bladder! well it feels that way anyway! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now