Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Was anyone else sick all the way through pregnancy? If so did it stop when dc was born?

(3 Posts)
kathyis6incheshigh Tue 08-Sep-09 16:39:09

This is my 3rd hyperemesis pregnancy but the last two it stopped after a few months. Am 35 weeks now and it's still going on hmm
(Thank God for cyclizine which keeps it under control.)

Please will someone promise me it'll stop when the baby's born?!

waitingforbedtime Tue 08-Sep-09 16:45:55

Hey,

WOW brave you!

I had hyperemesis from 7 - 42 weeks with ds (my only pregnancy so far). It got much better so I was only sick maybe 2/3 times a day from 22 - 42 weeks. It stopped when he was born but my gag reflex has never recovered and I have been much more regularly sick than I EVER was before. I am quite a 'sicky' person now whereas before ds I could count on one hand the times Id been sick, ever!

Hope the next few weeks go quickly.

Also, does cyclizine work well then? I never tried it but would in the future.

kathyis6incheshigh Tue 08-Sep-09 17:47:32

The main thing is that it stopped when he was born! Thanks.
Now as long as mine doesn't wait till 42 weeks.... a week or two early would be better!

Cyclizine doesn't stop all the sickness and doesn't touch the nausea, but for me it keeps it down from being sick constantly to just once or twice a day, which is a great improvement. I think it depends though - doesn;t work for everyone.
K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now