Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm 19+3. Is it too early to be thinking about names?

(27 Posts)
dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 15:47:10

I've secretly had two names going round my head for over a week now, I think they might stick. But is it tempting fate? Has anyone else at this stage got names, or am I being a daftmare?

sweetkitty Tue 08-Sep-09 15:51:15

oh know dizzymare names is the fun part

come on share?

tasjaSAmuminSA Tue 08-Sep-09 15:55:57

Not to early I would say. I found out on 13 weeks that I am having a DS and had a girl's name all picked out. Struggled with a name for DS but had it picked out at 16 weeks - Johandre

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:09:37

Well, at the moment, and I can't imagine it changing some how, Charlotte (T1) and Emily (T2) smile.

Oh I feel a bit weird now I've written them downblush

sweetkitty Tue 08-Sep-09 16:10:49

Charlotte and Emily are lovely, classic and pretty

Do you want middle names too?

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:16:05

I love classic names, ds has got a classic name as well, and they sound good together. Not got as far as middle names yet, but ds has got H's name as his middle namehmm

Am open to suggestions.

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:23:21

Ah, they are lovely names, Dizzy.

What about Charlotte Elizabeth, and Emily Rose?

Just not Emily Elizabeth - like my cousin - i constantly think of the girl from the cartoon Clifford grin

I have names here too.

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:30:16

Care to share Dee wink

Charlotte Elizabeth and Emily Rose, sounds good. They kind of roll of the tongue uikwim.

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:32:29

Erin Sheila if it's a girl, and Tate Elijah if it's a boy. grin

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:38:03

Dee, their fabulous names. Loving Tate, very distinguishedsmile.

What do you think you're having?

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:39:59

A baby grin

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:40:55

Oh me too, except I got a bogofwink

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:46:34

Oh crap, I've just realised how fucking stupid I was saying that. I'm so sorry Deesad

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:48:22

Oh feck off you dizzy mare grin

Please don't ever feel you need to censor what you say around me. That would indeed piss me off.

Oh, and BTW, i do know what it is... i'm just not saying wink

ErikaMaye Tue 08-Sep-09 16:49:38

LOL grin

Never too early to think of names - think DP and I started discussing them within a few weeks of finding out we were expecting blush In our defence, it was our way of getting used to talking about the whole baby thing!!

We were going to have Lavinia or Evelyn for a girl, though probably Evelyn, as DP liked Evie for short.

Liking all the names grin

ErikaMaye Tue 08-Sep-09 16:50:27

Dee you're a bloody spoil sport * sulks * Tell us!!!!

dizzymare Tue 08-Sep-09 16:51:58

I'm going to have a sleep Dee, bit tearful. x

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:52:03

Nope grin

Oh, and i keep meaning to email you back - sorry - just haven't got round to it yet blush

Deemented Tue 08-Sep-09 16:52:53

Oh sweetheart - please don't think you've upset me - i actually LOL at the BOGOF smile

ErikaMaye Tue 08-Sep-09 16:53:46

Feel better soon, Dizzy.

Tut Dee, its just not good enough wink I mean, how dare you do other things instead of emailing me??? shock

arolf Tue 08-Sep-09 16:55:32

We had names sorted before even conceiving...

Although I changed my mind on the girl name we had, it doesn't matter, because baby is DEFINITELY a boy (or a girl with testicles. I'm erring on the side of boy though). Neither of us changed our minds about the boy name at all (he'll be an Oliver), and we'll meet him in a couple of weeks, all being well!

Dizzy, those names are lovely - they go so well together, and are really pretty names too!

oopsacoconut Tue 08-Sep-09 16:57:44

Dizzy - Wow, how did you get to 19+3 already?? Hope things are settling down. Love the names very classic and pretty.

sweetkitty Tue 08-Sep-09 17:15:18

I am currently liking Isabella for a girl

Charlotte Hope and Emily Faith

lilysam Tue 08-Sep-09 17:15:43

It's never too early to think of names, as soon as BFP in my case!

lucky1979 Tue 08-Sep-09 17:48:58

We had some ideas for names, but really only settled on ours (Eloise Charlotte) after the 20 week scan when I knew everything was going OK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now