Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lack of leaky boobs - is this normal ??

(13 Posts)
Stannie Tue 08-Sep-09 15:41:21

I know some people are plagued by leaky boobs in pregnancy but I have no sign of anything. I am 36 weeks today.

I wasn't particularly worried about this until a poster on another thread (not on Mumsnet)mentioned that a lack of leakiness (!) at this stage could be a sign of low/lack of milk ?

I have planned to BF for at least 12 weeks and now worried I won't be able to do so..

Is there any truth in the comments above ?

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 08-Sep-09 15:44:06

Pft, I never experienced leaky boobs when OG and fed DS with no troubles whatsoever for more than a year.

Hope that helps!

Picante Tue 08-Sep-09 15:44:11

Nope I had no leakage at all and now have enough milk to feed triplets.

grin

CMOTdibbler Tue 08-Sep-09 15:44:14

Some people are leaky, some aren't. I didn't leak during pregnancy at all, and breastfed for 23 months with no problem at all

ButtercupWafflehead Tue 08-Sep-09 15:45:31

when PG, that is.

I also do not wet myself when sneezing. I am leak-free. <crosses fingers>

melrose Tue 08-Sep-09 15:46:43

I never had this and bf both mine till 9 months

i didn't leak at all during either of my pregnancies. no milk issues here. my nipples are like shower heads.

beanstalk Tue 08-Sep-09 15:47:21

When I had DD1, I didn't ever have leaky boobs, either when pregnant or when actually breastfeeding. So I never needed to use breast pads which was great! My supply was fine, DD put on a pound a week for the first month and I successfully fed her for 7 months. So I don't think leakiness has any relation to supply or your abililty to feed!

OmicronPersei8 Tue 08-Sep-09 15:50:05

I didn't have leaky boobs either time - fed DD until 18 months, DS 17 months and still counting.

Stannie Tue 08-Sep-09 15:54:44

Thanks for the replies

I was getting a bit concerned and couldn't find any information either way until I posted here - yay for Mumsnet!

buttercupwafflehead I also am not a leaky person (so far toucheswood ) .. although I'm dreading the thought that I might pay the price in leaks afterwards... shock

SpawnChorus Tue 08-Sep-09 15:55:36

I never leaked milk while pg, but was the soggiest and most abundant milk producer on the planet after the birth!

NewbeeMummy Tue 08-Sep-09 16:20:20

Count yourself lucky!

Have been leaking for a few weeks now, have to even wear pads to bed otherwise the linen needs changing in the morning.

Can't do anything without them leaking, feel like someone has left a tap on...

shonaspurtle Tue 08-Sep-09 16:21:52

I didn't leak a drop and had an oversupply problem (and also bf successfuly for 14 months). Everyone's different I think and from talking to people it was about 50/50 leaking/no leaking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now