Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone know what this means in my notes?

(6 Posts)
memoo Tue 08-Sep-09 10:16:03

I am 37 weeks pregnant.

I had an examination yesterday because I had a bit of a bleed which was apparently just a bit of show.

I was reading my notes last night and the doc has written that she was unable to see my cervix, and something about my vaginal walls had collasped! shock which doesn't sound very good to me!

Does anybody know what this means!!!

mummy2t Tue 08-Sep-09 10:32:13

not sure memoo but i agree it doesnt sound good. if i were you i would ring and ask to spk to doc or midwife asap. they shouldnt rite things unless they explain to you whats going on. i am also 37 weeks and getting very impatient xx

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 08-Sep-09 10:40:05

doesnt sound briliant but please dont get worked up about it.
they would have explained it to you if it was cause for concern and wouldn't have sent you on your merry way if there was anything very wrong.

give the mw unit a call and ask them to explain.

memoo Tue 08-Sep-09 17:22:09

Thanks for the replys.

I think I will phone up the midwife first thing tomorrow. This is the trouble with carrying my own notes, I can't help pouring over them after every appointment!

Have so far refrained from googling it yet!

napa Tue 08-Sep-09 19:05:40

firstly...don't panic
It would normally mean that as the doctor is opening the speculum to look at your cervix the vaginal wall protruded in the way, it is just a bit of bad terminology to scare mum's!!
The vagina is normally closed with the walls of the vagina against eachother so when she opened it with a speculum it did this naturally.

It is difficult to visualise a cervix with a speculum and if you had a bleed she would just have been looking to see if she could see any blood coming through the cervix or any delicate cells on the surface of your cervix that were bleeding

Sorry if any of this is TMI!!! and hope it helps

memoo Wed 09-Sep-09 13:17:41

Thanks so much napa, that has really put my mind at rest so much!

Definately not tmi, just exactly what I needed to hear

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now