Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else had local anesthetic while pregnant?

(5 Posts)
ohnelly Mon 07-Sep-09 17:01:14

Hi all. Just got back from hospital with a broken ankle. Slipped on a doormat and went flying! It was broken in 3 places (both sides) and dislocated. I had to be put to sleep for them to put in back into place, and the next day operated on to put pins, plate & screws in it. They said there was a risk of miscarriage with the anesthetic (Im 10 wks pregnant with number 2)but so far so good. Has anyone else had operation while pregnant & can put my mind at rest please? Ive got my first scan on the 16th sep

bevlin Tue 08-Sep-09 13:29:43

I had a local not a general and they just used one without adrenalin in it.
A collegues wife had an ovarian cyst removed, put to sleep etc, when PG with her DS and she and he were fine.
What a shame, that sounds soooooo bloody painful. Im sure things like this happen a lot but with everything they HAVE to tell you there are risks to cover themselves. x

hawesmead5 Tue 08-Sep-09 14:17:12

Hi there
I had a cyst in pregnancy and had it drain 5 times (from 6 - 17 weeks), each time I had quite a lot of general anesthetic (probably 3 injections) baby was fine born healthy and is now 2 1/2

Rindercella Tue 08-Sep-09 14:20:49

Ohnelly...oh, you poor thing. That sounds horrendous.

I had local anesthetic for an oral biopsy, but that was before I knew I was pg (think I would've been 4 - 5 weeks). I am now nearly 12 weeks, and touch wood, all seems ok.

Good luck with the pregnancy and hope your ankle heals well smile

ohnelly Wed 09-Sep-09 10:07:16

thanks for comments everyone. Ill keep you posted after had my scan next week [fingers crossed]

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: