Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any idea what is causing this - REALLY hot flush!!!

(7 Posts)
MiniLlace Mon 07-Sep-09 10:19:28

Hi - just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? .. It happens to me when I go out for meals - about 15 minutes into starting to eat I get a tingiling around my nose and hotness - it then spreads all over my face which feels tight, tingles and burns .. it lasts for around 1 hour before going. Unfortunately I also totally lose my appetite ... annoying as the last 2 times were at St Johns resturant and Roka - my poor husband ends up eating both meals. Im heading down to france later this week and would love to get an idea what is causing it - as 3 lovely meals await me and i fear the same will happen again ...thoughts? .. ps Im not drinking alcohol so it isnt that [hmmm]

lisa85 Mon 07-Sep-09 11:39:57

it could be an allergy, probably one that will only plague you while your pregnant.
sounds strange i know but usually i have no allergies and now i'm pg i can't have dairy, i long for a decent cup of tea.
so next time your out have a good look at the menu and make a mental note of what's in your food, if it happens again your GP will be able to help quicker than if you had no idea what was going on

alypaly Mon 07-Sep-09 11:41:25

how old are you if its not a rude question

MiniLlace Mon 07-Sep-09 11:47:08

ok im hopin its an allergy if you are going where I think you are going alypaly ... im 38 - I will take a look at what im eating and try not to think of the latter as Im only on DC 1 (oh hopefully at least 2 or 3) !

alypaly Mon 07-Sep-09 11:54:33

no im not goin theresmile i sympathise as i used to get it whenever i went out for a meal aswell and sometimes at other times too. My face used to go red, feel hot and i used to get so self conscious in public. Hot or cold food used to aggravate it. Eventually it was diagnosed as rosacea and treated with teracycline 250mg...two tablets twice daily for 6 months and it worked.

MiniLlace Mon 07-Sep-09 12:08:37

phew was thinking my child producing years were over before i had reached 40 grin .. i will certainly keep an eye on it .. its very frustrating - there is one thing having a rosy glow of pregnancy and another looking like a beetroot!!

alypaly Mon 07-Sep-09 12:30:13

try taking caffeine..tea and cofee out of your diet,try and avoid stressful situations as this can bring it on,avoid spicy foods and alcohol( i see you dont drink anyway).
also extreme tempertures can bring it on too...does any of this sound familiar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now