Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling baby movements at 11wks...not going mad!...anyone else?

(9 Posts)
twogirls1more Mon 07-Sep-09 10:14:53

Hi everyone!

This is my 3rd viable pregnancy and I am now 11wks. Last night in bed I felt a different feeling..(like an occasional flicking, pulsing, bubbling feeling.)Although it felt very different to any wind movement feeling I've ever felt, I went to sleep writing it off as something else cos too early for baby but this morning I'm getting same on and off

Sure it feels similar to early movements I felt last time but it's been 10 years!

I was showing at 8wks this time and now would pass for 5mths pg! (I know dates are right as had early scans.) Anyone else feeling same so early? I'm very in tune with my body and sure this what it is!

usernametaken Mon 07-Sep-09 10:18:18

I was about 11.5wks when I felt movement- I passed it off as too early. At the 12wk scan my 'movements' were confirmed as I saw and felt them at the same time.
My stomach muscles are no where near as tight as they were with DD. I felt her move at 14wks...and she hasn't stopped since!

CantThinkofFunnyName Mon 07-Sep-09 10:38:23

Hi, I felt baby move at 11 1/2 weeks with this current pg too. And its my third!!

twogirls1more Mon 07-Sep-09 10:47:12

Hi again, glad it's not just me! Think you know you're own body don't you and what are different feelings for you.
On so many websites it says that at this stage it's way too early but also says that at 11wks you may just be starting to show soon when I look very obviously pregnant (like my friend does and shes 5.5mths!) I am normally a size 12-14 too so pretty average really. My stomach muscles really aren't what they used to be!

CantThinkofFunnyName Mon 07-Sep-09 10:52:23

I've been in maternity clothes since 8 weeks (am now 22 wks). Took kids back to school today and other mums commented that I really hadn't got much bigger! Basically, the bump grew up and out and now its filling the space!! Slack tummy, I think is the phrase tee hee grin

twogirls1more Mon 07-Sep-09 12:06:59

Hehe cantthinkoffunnyname! I'm with you on that 1! Reckon I have same problem, maybe I won't grow much from now til 22wks?! You def show earlier with each pregnancy I reckon

RubyLove1 Mon 07-Sep-09 12:42:34

Is it just with women who have had children before or can a first timer join in? grin

Im 14 weeks with my first and I could have sworn I felt something this morning. Nothing major but something. Havent ever felt it before so not too sure but it was in my lower stomach and its like something just...well moved. Cant describe it any better than that.

Am I just imagining it????

twogirls1more Mon 07-Sep-09 18:15:02

Hi rubylove1 well if I'm feeling movements at 11 wks and it's my 3rd, I would say I'm sure you're right and it's prob what you think at 14wks! They say around 16wks I think don't they but what they forget is we're all different and not all of us are "textbook". Congrats on your pregnancy! Very exciting when you start to feel things happening in there!

RubyLove1 Tue 08-Sep-09 14:23:18

Cheers twogirls1more, my sister said the same thing too that it probably was what I thought it was. It is very exciting, can't wait to feel more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now