Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any advice for trouble sleeping - 3rd trimester..

(10 Posts)
scarlotti Mon 07-Sep-09 09:03:55

Anyone got any advice ... am 31+3 and really struggling to sleep now. Have mild spd so sleep with a pillow between my knees/ankles which to date has been fine.
Last two nights though I've started to get real sore thighs/arms on the side I'm sleeping - almost as if I'm now so heavy my body can't take the weight blush

Anyone else had this? Can I do anything as it's making me wake up a lot during the night and most mornings then start in discomfort.

pinkthechaffinch Mon 07-Sep-09 10:03:10

I used lots and lots of pillows in late pregnancy, so that I was almost in sitting up position. HTH

Diodn't have spd though sad

brightonbleach Mon 07-Sep-09 10:18:40

I have no helpful hints, just joining in as also desperate to hear any tricks for sleeping! am 32-33 weeks now and cannot sleep, last night was awake from midnight-4am and had to get up at 8 yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn Feel like theres someone sitting on my chest making it hard to breath when I lay down, even with 5 pillows! and my left hip is burning, probably as laying on my left is the only bearable position. I don't have spd though - sympathies!

scarlotti Mon 07-Sep-09 11:15:14

brighton maybe we should start a 4am thread for us all to come and moan grin

Am in Brighton too (if you are due to your name!) so will look out the window tonight and know someone else is there wink

countrybump Mon 07-Sep-09 11:26:39

I also don't have any useful advice, but also have insomnia at the moment! I'm 37 weeks and wake every night and either lie in bed desperately trying to get back to sleep or end up getting up and wandering around the house aimlessly, watching my DS sleep or go and chatting to the dog! I think I'm going a little insane!

MiniMilk0610 Mon 07-Sep-09 12:18:31

I'm only 24 weeks & already for last couple of nights have had pain on side I'm sleeping on, like you describe, as if I'm too heavy for my body to take...this combined with all the comments people have been making recently has started me believing I'm super big for how far along I am! blush grin

However no helpful suggestions I'm afraid...I sleep with 2 or 3 pillows under my head, one between my knees & one under my bump but doesn't seem to be doing the trick anymore

raggie Mon 07-Sep-09 19:49:21

I am having the same problem and only 28 weeks today!

Someone on another forum suggested using an extra duvet underneath you, even under the sheet for extra cushioning all over.

Going to try it and see how it goes - am awake every hour turning over from the discomfort, sigh...

MrFlibble Mon 07-Sep-09 20:00:45

Im 26 weeks and have been waking in the night to find that im on my front, no idea how I manage it but Ive had a dodgy wrist from supporting myself for about a week now. very strange.

katster37 Mon 07-Sep-09 20:45:49

Am also finding it v hard to sleep and am only 29+2! Just can't get comfy and feel constantly restless despite being knackered! Any tips gratefully received! Haven't got any myself, as nothing really seems to help. Grrrrr!

wobbegong Mon 07-Sep-09 20:58:27

I had one of these:

worth its weight in gold and I think you get a MN discount too

And a thick beach towel under the sheet (same principle as an extra duvet under the sheet, but more useful if, like me, your waters go in bed!)

If you have mild SPD have you read the threads here on it? Worth reading now as mine got worse as the pregnancy progressed (sorry) but there are many many useful tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now