Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Haven't felt much movement today, and I've had the odd ripple tonight but nothing like it has been the last few days . Starting to fret now

(4 Posts)
dizzymare Mon 07-Sep-09 00:39:07

Expecting twins, 19+2 now.

Not been feeling too hot today, costocondritis has been playing up. My girls have been a bit quiet today, normally their at their most active this time of night. I'm starting to fret a bit now, but equally I'm not sure if this can be normal with multiple pregnancys or am I being paranoid.

zazen Mon 07-Sep-09 00:56:02

Hi Dizzymare - my DD used to go quiet on occasion, so know a little bit how disturbing it can be when it's usually all go.

My Midwife told me to drink a sugary drink and lie down for about 30 mins, then if DD started kicking again that everything was fine, but that if she didn't, then to pop into the hosp.

19+2 is pretty early to feel things constantly for a singleton, not sure about twins, but my placenta was anterior and that meant that I couldn't feel DD until about 20 weeks anyway.
Do you know where your placenta has attached - to the front or back, top, bottom or sides, as this can also make a difference, if they are 'hiding' behind it!

So it depends - as I say hope you are OK, try and drink something sugary and lie down, or go on hands and knees - you may find that they have just turned or flipped around and they will flip back.

Good luck !

dizzymare Mon 07-Sep-09 01:01:23

Oh ok, I didn't know any of that blush Placenta's at the top, so that's not an issue. I'll go get a coke, and get on all fours. Thank you

Comma2 Mon 07-Sep-09 03:11:19

I wouldn't worry either, they might just be sleepy for a couple of days. If you are still worried tomorrow, call in if it'll make you feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now