Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after mc- anyone else just starting this journey?

(7 Posts)
oremstango Sun 06-Sep-09 16:52:39

I am delighted to be pregnant after an early mc a few months back. We literally just found out and the feeling was so immense. Needless to say we're also feeling a lot more anxious this time around and would love to know if anyone else out there is in the same boat? These next 2 months can't go quickly enough!

mothermirabelle Sun 06-Sep-09 20:32:58

Hello there - I know exactly how you feel as I am also in same boat. Just found out I am 5 wks pregnant after miscarriage just over a year ago. We've been TTC since then and nothing has happened... Up until now! Like you I am excited but also apprehensive and hoping I will make it to that 12 wk scan...I made it to 10 wks last time and then miscarried. Is this your first baby? I already have one - a six yr old - and had no problems at all with first pregnancy.
Congratulations and good luck. Try not to be too anxious. I hope you'll sail through to your first scan this time!

Comma2 Sun 06-Sep-09 23:19:03

I had a very early mc and got pregnant again 3 months after. Now in week 32, all glorious besides of the usual suspects in the third trimester. If you have had only 1 mc, your stats to get lucky this time are excellent! Best thing to do (even though hardest): Stop worrying and enjoy the ms. :-))

amyboo Mon 07-Sep-09 07:58:31

Hi oremstango - I think I remember you from a mc thread a while ago... We've formed a thread for people like us who are pg again after a mc. It's called Totally grads - come and join us if you want, as we're all in the same boat and can fret and calm each other together. I'm currently 10+2 after a mc at the end of April.

twogirls1more Mon 07-Sep-09 09:50:52

Hi oremstango, I know how you feel! I miscarried in April and then fell pregnant again in June. My miscarriage started with spotting, building to clots and obvious miscarriage over 3.5wks, (frm about 5wks.)

This time round I was unbelievably scared when I started bleeding again at around 6wks It was just light spotting and mainly when went to the loo. This on/off bleeding continued for 4 long weeks and only stopped a week ago! It seemed to coincide with the time my placenta was meant to take over so wonder if this had anything to do with it? My early bleed this time lead me to have 3 early scans and apart from a couple of fibroids they found nothing wrong.

I'm still not out the woods and will worry all through the pregnancy no doubt but at 11wks now, am loving every week that passes as I get further on! Hope all works out for you. xx

alana39 Mon 07-Sep-09 11:26:31

Hi oremstango this is just one of the threads you might want to look at - we've all been through it in different ways and the support from other people who know how much you will be worrying can make all the difference to getting through it. Look at this page

RubyLove1 Mon 07-Sep-09 13:55:22

Hi, I worked out I got pregnant literally the week after my miscarriage. Was pleased but also very anxious and it is so hard to relax even now at 14 weeks after a perfect scan.

You read that it can happen but after the mc you just dont feel like you'll be the lucky one, but it can and it has grin

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to feel happy or excited at first because my 1st pregnancy ended in mc, so my only experience of pregnancy was a sad one sad

But when I had my scan at 12 I cried like I was the baby when I saw my little soldier with the arms and legs moving and the steady heartbeat. It truly is the most amazing thing to see, words can never describe. Its only after I had the scan that I considered myself "properly" pregnant, given that I saw my baby with my own two eyes! lol!

The 1st trimester will go faster than you think, and after all the sickness I had at the beginning, I was was quite glad to get it out of the way. Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now