Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant and due to have a hysteroscopy and polypectomy next week!

(5 Posts)
mothermirabelle Sat 05-Sep-09 15:49:03

Any advice welcome as I can't phone docs until Monday. Just done pregnancy test and it's positive. Due to have surgery next week to remove polyps which were found during a pelvic exam in July and check out thickening in my uterus - they think caused by polyps.

Just wondered if they will still go ahead with surgery as part of the op is also a D&C - which I can't see them doing if I'm pregnant. All a bit of a shock really as TTC for over a year now and thought polyps were poss cause of me not conceiving.

Any one had an experience like this?

Thanks

Littlefish Sat 05-Sep-09 15:58:04

I'm sure they won't do either procedure. You need to phone them on Monday to explain!

Congratulations!

mothermirabelle Sat 05-Sep-09 16:07:18

Thank you....i'm hoping they won't but also apprehensive about the fact that the thickened uterus and polyps will have to stay there for now. Not sure if this will affect pregnancy or not but nothing I can do about that now! Whilst I wasn't looking forward to procedure I was relieved to feel something was being done about it.

Thanks for your reply.

skihorse Sat 05-Sep-09 17:05:02

Congratulations! Gosh - they do say "when you stop worrying about TTC..."

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 05-Sep-09 17:06:43

Brilliant news about the baby smile

Phone first thing on Monday and explain and I am sure they will advise you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now