Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Low tsh in pregnancy, what does this mean?

(5 Posts)
Min30 Sat 05-Sep-09 03:40:34

My blood tests at 14 weeks came back with a low tsh result and am now waitng for further bloos test results..

Does anyone know what it could mean??

Thanks

jabberwocky Sat 05-Sep-09 04:06:27

tsh is your thyroid stimulating hormone. Low is generally OK. when it's high then your body is working too hard to produce thyroid hormone and you need a thyroid supplement/med such as synthroid. Did they mention anything else?

Min30 Sat 05-Sep-09 05:52:22

No, was just sent for more blood tests...

memoo Sat 05-Sep-09 20:59:35

Actually low isn't great either as its an indication you have an overactive thyroid. I've had one for a few years and have to take a thyroid suppresant. My TSH levels have slowly increased and now I have been able to stop the meds.

I was told though that there are meds you can take when you are pregnant and/or breastfeeding.

blondieminx Tue 08-Sep-09 12:20:01

how low is low? Official NHS CKS guidelines say that target TSH during pregnancy is between 0.4 - 2.0...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: