Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In shock over amnio results..............

(7 Posts)
MRSVICTOR Fri 04-Sep-09 19:13:42

Had amnio last week, results were a bit delayed but put it down to holiday weekend, now I know why.
Midwife couldn't say too much but we have very rare chromosone ? disorder....type is XXXXX. Can't believe this is real, have apt with consultant on Monday so no doubt we'll find out more. Has anyone experience of this???

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 04-Sep-09 19:14:38

5 X's or do you not know the name of the disorder?

morningpaper Fri 04-Sep-09 19:17:10

Support group here - might give you more information

You could ask on the Special Needs board for more info too

Millarkie Fri 04-Sep-09 19:23:03

Do you mean Pentasomy X? The 'Unique' group might have some information.
unique

MRSVICTOR Fri 04-Sep-09 20:45:47

Thanks girls I'll have a look. I dont really know what its called to be honest....we were too stunned to ask any type of intelligent questions. Still in shock I think..............

peanuthead Sat 05-Sep-09 12:23:28

Mrs Victor, not got much useful to say really, just I may well be in a similar way. I had cvs last week and sex chromosome results back sometime next week - I've been told there is definitely something wrong with the baby and as the trisomies have come back clear I'm assuming ti will eb a sex thing too.

There's a few other people who have been doing fantastic handholding - maybe post in the antenatal choices area?

Will be keeping an eye out for you, it's just dreadful. xxxx

MRSVICTOR Sat 05-Sep-09 15:35:53

oh peanuthead sorry you're going through this too. You never think it can happen to you but crikey it has. Fingers crossed your results next week will be okay x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now