Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does MS get progressively worse with each pg?

(8 Posts)
PanicMode Fri 04-Sep-09 07:53:00

I breezed through my first and second pregnancies, felt a bit worse with number 3, but feel absolutely awful with this one. I constantly feel as though I'm going to throw up and I'm struggling to be a good mother to my 17 month old as being on the floor and playing with him makes me want to hurl. I'm only 6 weeks pg today.

So is it just because it gets worse with each pg, or (Dear God no) could it be because it's twins?! (DH said it in jest this morning and I hadn't even thought about it up to that point - now I REALLY feel sick!)

belgo Fri 04-Sep-09 07:55:08

It didn't for me.

Very bad ms for dd1; less bad for dd2; and not bad at all for ds.

Tiredness makes it worse, try and go to bed very early and keep dry biscuits and a drink next to your bed to stop your stomach becoming empty.

Trikken Fri 04-Sep-09 07:58:05

with mine it was awful for ds and had to be rehydrated twice in hospital, but this pregnancy I've still been sick but its been managable with meds, so definately no where near as bad.

alana39 Fri 04-Sep-09 08:12:42

Only had nausea first 2 pregnancies - very sick with 3rd which also brought lots of "jokes" from DH about twins. On plus side is only pregnancy that hasn't caused me to balloon (except in the right place).

Abubu Fri 04-Sep-09 09:58:48

Hi,
I had twins first time round and felt really fit, hardly any MS at all.
This time round (with a singleton I assume until I know otherwise!) I feel quite sick.

It could be twins but probably more likely that you are feeling exhausted which I think makes you feel worse anyway.

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 04-Sep-09 10:03:40

i am preg with no4 and dont remember it this bad before.

PanicMode Fri 04-Sep-09 10:53:54

Thanks everyone - will just keep praying it's just bad MS. I have just phoned the local private hospital and they don't scan you until 7 weeks at the earliest anyway, so will have to wait until the end of next week (and keep praying!)

Lady of the Flowers - so sorry to hear that you are also suffering - it's miserable. But I guess I've just been exceptionally lucky up to now and have found being pregnant fairly enjoyable (aside from insomnia which I suffer from anyway, and restless legs which drive me insane!)

Secretly, I'm hoping that it means it's a girl - then we'd have two of each, boy girl boy girl - is that really awful of me?!

PinkTulips Fri 04-Sep-09 10:58:28

With dd i was very bad but only at times, i'd feel fine for alot of the time but when i was sick i vomited so much i was afraid i was hurting the baby.

With ds1 i felt a bit nauseaus but i only puked twice and both were minor enough incidents.

With ds2 i thought i was going to be hospitalised, i couldn't eat for the first 4 months as absolutely everything came back up, even water. I actually lost weight in the first half of the pregnacy and could barely move off the couch for weeks on end, no fun when you're alone in the house with a 2 and a 3 year old sad His pregnancy has put me off ever wanting another... i could never do that again.

So for me it has no bearing on how many pregs i've had, or sex of the baby... it possibly has to do with how much chance i get to rest but who knows really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now