Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what should i do go to delivery suite or not?

(6 Posts)
loganberry12 Thu 03-Sep-09 13:50:26

im 40+ 5 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby had a sweep tuesday had period pains and backache since lost quite a lot of show continuously since but nothing else. phone the delivery suite for advice this morning and she said as they were really busy to phone back this afternoon and maybe go up to see whats happening. I dont know if to go or not as im not having any regular contractions just this period and back pain and show, so if im going to get there and all they do is stick me on a monitor for a couple of hours and send me home again theres no point. on the other hand if they were to do an internal or another sweep it might get things going so im not sure what to do, whats everyone think?

CantThinkofFunnyName Thu 03-Sep-09 13:54:00

If no contractions, I wouldn't bother tbh. They're not likely to another sweep are they? That's usually reserved for booking in at consultant appointments etc..? Delivery suite only really want you there once you're in established labour. Made the mistake a few times myself and end up feeling a right tw*t.

holliejobber Thu 03-Sep-09 14:05:14

How quick were your other labours? If you do go in, then the kids whole business of going there and im taking yourself out of your comfort zone might actually slow things down like it did with my 2nd baby. Adrenaline slows down labour, so staying relaxed but active is the best thing you can do.

MamaG Thu 03-Sep-09 14:06:56

I wouldn't go unless I was having contractions

juuule Thu 03-Sep-09 14:08:22

I wouldn't if you're not having any real contractions.
Don't think that they would do another sweep.

holliejobber Thu 03-Sep-09 14:09:02

Hmmm should of checked this first. Hope it makes sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now