Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy symptoms have stopped at 14 weeks - am I worrying over nothing?

(6 Posts)
echops Thu 03-Sep-09 11:16:27

Hello - am sitting here trying to talk sense into myself. I'm 14 weeks and have had a dreadful aversion to strong smells / food in general, plus very sore boobs. During the last 3 days these symptoms have disappeared. I wouldn't usually be so worried but I had a CVS test 9 days ago and am freaking out that I'm going to miscarry. I have no tummy pain or discharge. Has anybody else experience something similar?

Roomfor2 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:23:33

Hi echops - IME, the smells and sickness drops off around 12-14 weeks, and the boobs are less sore. My nausea and tiredness and smell aversion stopped at around 12 weeks, and boobs are worse on some days and almost no pain on other days (13 weeks now).

I think it is normal, but obv, if you are worried, call your midwife.

warthog Thu 03-Sep-09 11:25:11

i felt normal after 11 / 12 weeks, in that middle trimester stage. boobs stopped being sore, nausea went, tiredness went. was bliss!

but if you're worried, give your mw a call.

brightonbleach Thu 03-Sep-09 12:40:06

each week can be different in pregnancy IME so far, but also you are now in the 2nd trimester so things will be different to the 1st (I had terrible aversion to smells in the 1st that disapeared in the 2nd), the 2nd trimester has its own set of symptoms differing to the 1st and 3rd! its also the nicest part of pregnancy in its way, as the 1st can be marred with sickness etc., the 3rd with discomfort... enjoy!!

echops Thu 03-Sep-09 19:37:34

Thanks ladies! In an attempt to stop worrying I went out and bought my first pair of unflattering pregnancy trousers!

warthog Thu 03-Sep-09 19:49:47

it can be scary - how do you know what's normal and what's not? soon you'll be able to feel the baby kicking and that will set your mind at rest. although then you'll worry if he / she doesn't kick for a bit! welcome to the joys of motherhood smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now