Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Abnormal discharge in early pregnancy

(6 Posts)
memorylapse Thu 03-Sep-09 10:30:56

Im almost 5 weeks pregnant and very worried about misscarriage as Ive had previous misscarriages..in the last 24 hours Ive noticed that when I wipe..Im getting a small amount of stringy discharge which looks just like snot..its a dark greeny/slightly brown(but not resembling old blood) colour and it basically resembles something I would blow out of my nose..Im naturally very concerned..my gp took a vaginal swab yesterday but the results wont be back until monday and Im now feeling quite concerned..I dont have any pregnancy symptoms and Ive got a bit of abdominal pain..Im worried this is the start of a misscarriagesad

barbiebigpants Thu 03-Sep-09 10:38:30

there was a post the other day with someone in the same position as you, turned out to be fine and loads of other people posted to say they had a similar thing. Sorry about previous mc, it does make you more jumpy. I had one last year and now im 16 weeks smile i had orange discharge, red, brown you name it! Oh and my symptoms came and went..ab pain is normal too, try not to worry and best of luck for the results from the swab

memorylapse Thu 03-Sep-09 11:26:36

Thankssmile..Ive just taken my temp which is 37.7 so slightly raised making me wonder if its an infection, going to ring gps

sunshineandshowers Thu 03-Sep-09 11:57:04

I have this alot. I am 12 weeks pg.

I have also had terrible cramping. Worse than normal period pains.

Go to see GP and ask them to do low internal swab to put your mind at rest.

minxofmancunia Thu 03-Sep-09 12:11:14

I've had a mc too so was v anxious this pg. At 5 weeks had the most awful crampy pains ever, woke me up in the night.

Went to walk in early pg unit for reassurance, they were lovely and supportive.

Everything fine, now full term and just waiting for the imminent arrival!

And excess discharge v common in pg too due to increasedblood flow down there apparently according to nurse of early pg unit.

Best of luck smile

memorylapse Thu 03-Sep-09 16:57:45

think the worry is the colour..but it doesnt seem to smell offensive..went to the gp and she said nothing can be done until results came back because it was more dangerous to prescribe medication that I didnt really need than to wait for the swab results..but then advised me that infections can cause miscarriagesad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now