Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this the start of a miscarriage?

(6 Posts)
toffeemonster Wed 02-Sep-09 21:51:22

Yes Im crazy I know, Im at least 12 weeks pregnant maybe more i cant even remember when my period was, i have not even been to the doctors yet this will be my 4th child!
Now for 4 days ive have a brown discharge with the odd stringy bit in, not heavy but just there now tonight its started a little pinkish and looks like its changinf to blood. what is it? help!!

Hey, try not to fret just yet - give your GP or EPAU a call first thing - keep an eye on the blood loss. Many people bleed all the way through pregnancy and have perfectly healthy babies thinking of you x x

mummy2t Wed 02-Sep-09 21:59:03

i had bleeding thro first 14 weeks pregnancy and now ds1 is 5!! there can be many reasons for it and everything can go on to be ok. like onlywants has said, give EPU a ring in morning and get seen straight away. until then try and relax and put your feet up xxxxxx take care xxxxxxxxx

oremstango Thu 03-Sep-09 08:49:45

I certainly have my fingers crossed for you. Your symptoms are similar sounding to my miscarriage but this certainly needn't be the case. Get to your EPU for a scan.

toffeemonster how are things today?

toffeemonster Mon 21-Sep-09 05:35:30

just a little update, well it was a miscarriage, baby had stopped growing many weeks earlier and i had a natural miscarriage at home, had a scan last week then an internal scan and said it was all nearly gone just a little left over, the bleeding has nearly stopped so im guesiing its almost over. we will try again asap, im coping pretty well, i think i knew it was going to happen when i firs saw the brown discharge and it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders when I had the scan and I didnt need to go to hospital to be cleaned out as it was so nicely put to me.
The lady doing the scan was so lovely so that really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now