Talk

Advanced search

20 Weeks, still bf, normal?

(9 Posts)
mrsjammi Tue 01-Sep-09 20:02:35

Message withdrawn

usnkidz Tue 01-Sep-09 21:13:48

are you just squeezing your nipple cause if so it is unlikely you will get any milk. You need to express by massaging your breast and stimulting milk ducts. I cant explain how to do it but technique should be in any breastfeeding book.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Sep-09 21:16:51

That's normal. Your breast tissue increases in mass and that can reduce the amount of leaking. It did for me anyway. The dark nipples is just because of your high hormone levels. Fear ye not, your milk is fine

mrsjammi Tue 01-Sep-09 21:19:29

Message withdrawn

theyoungvisiter Tue 01-Sep-09 21:27:46

I am tandem feeding and almost completely lost my supply from about 5-7 months pg. it was bloody painful feeding without any milk as it seemed to make DS even more determined! It did come back a bit around 7 months.

So yes, it is possible I think that your milk has pretty much gone. I think it varies a lot from woman to woman.

I wouldn't worry though - just be guided by your dc's need for more food/drink in the day.

(BTW in the spirit of TMI my nipples also went very dark with my second pg, they didn't with my first and I was really surprised! They went back to normal afterwards)

holliejobber Wed 02-Sep-09 07:12:47

I think my milk went from about 20wks also, i never heard her gulping any milk and she seemed cross at them. I think it came back a couple of months ago, i am now 40wks pregnant and it hurts more than ever, but there is some milk there. Its all very confusing. I do think everyone is different. But on the plus side it still keeps my dd quiet while i watch hollyoaks!

Deemented Wed 02-Sep-09 07:27:40

MrsJammi - we're very similar - i'm 20 weeks too and still BF my 16m dd. And i too can see tandem feeding looming, much to the horror of certain family members - others just think it's hilarious that i'll have a child hanging off each tit hmm

mrsjammi Wed 02-Sep-09 18:08:33

Message withdrawn

roary Wed 02-Sep-09 18:32:12

Apparently you eventually start making colostrum instead of milk, or some people say the milk just changes at around 4 or 5 months pregnant, so it sounds like you're right on schedule! (check out the La Leche League website). I just weaned my 17 month old DD, am 10 weeks pregnant with no. 2, as I feel too sick to feed and also don't want to tandem nurse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now